Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R uses the 10.x FIRM, which is why you can't launch the installer. You have to use L, that uses the 9.0 FIRM.
Idk why it sent me to emunand. But arm9loaderhax.3dsx seems to hate me. Im just having problem after problem tbh... It stays on exploiting arm9. So im just keep trying to open it.
Edit- nevermind. Used the sysupdater trick :P opened frp-3ds and spammed b and then opened arm9

Edit2- Should i just stay on Aureinand? What is the advantages of Aureinand over regular reinand?

Last edited by Lumince,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Edit2- Should i just stay on Aureinand? What is the advantages of Aureinand over regular reinand?
FIRM 0/1 writes are disabled so you can update sysnand safely. If you use emunand i dont know if theres a benefit

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How long does it usually take to update with a recompiled 3dsx file in a 9.2 emunand?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIRM 0/1 writes are disabled so you can update sysnand safely. If you use emunand i dont know if theres a benefit

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How long does it usually take to update with a recompiled 3dsx file in a 9.2 emunand?
It injected everyting in about 5 seconds. Dunno if thats bad or not but it just flashed the words and rebooted

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why im just keeping my emunand. sysnand 9.2 comes in handy when I want to either run things that require 9.2 firm or update arm9(Finally got that to compile and update)

Just having only sysnand doesnt really feel that safe. I know theres no way for nintendo to fix a9lh (yet), but id rather be on emunand and just have sysnand as 9.2

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats why im just keeping my emunand. sysnand 9.2 comes in handy when I want to either run things that require 9.2 firm or update arm9(Finally got that to compile and update)

Just having only sysnand doesnt really feel that safe. I know theres no way for nintendo to fix a9lh (yet), but id rather be on emunand and just have sysnand as 9.2

Technically doesn't having multiple backup files serve the same purpose as emunand? Since you can flash your backup and recreate the emunand partition on the sd?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just boot straigt into emunand... and i can always boot into sysnand with L if i want too.. also emunand boots almost just as fast so i do not really see the need to replace the sysnand..also for the same reasonn as @Biff627, it somehow does not feel that safe to me.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems not, obvious black screens for me, would be cool if we use them as boot options in built in boot manager as they are redundant for those of us using sysnand only
Aren't the triggers used for a boot manger though? 0.o

It can load an external payload with any button combination you want.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It injected everyting in about 5 seconds. Dunno if thats bad or not but it just flashed the words and rebooted
What words were displayed for you? i just get exploiting arm9 for not even a second then back to homebrew menu...

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What words were displayed for you? i just get exploiting arm9 for not even a second then back to homebrew menu...
Make sure you are booting into 9.2 firm. Also, replace the arm9loaderhax.3dsx you have on your sd with the one you made on your pc. Mine got corruptes the first time and kept doing a red screen, showed arm9 exploit and crashed. And also, if your on a n3ds xl. Run ftp-3ds fast, spam b and run arm9loaderhax.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Make sure you are booting into 9.2 firm. Also, replace the arm9loaderhax.3dsx you have on your sd with the one you made on your pc. Mine got corruptes the first time and kept doing a red screen, showed arm9 exploit and crashed. And also, if your on a n3ds xl. Run ftp-3ds fast, spam b and run arm9loaderhax.
Oh lol i didnt think the ftp thing works here haha so ill try that becuase im using my N3DS and im definitely sure ive replaced it with the one on my pc
and the 9.2 firm... how can i be sure im running it on my emunand?

Last edited by Yudowat,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh lol i didnt think the ftp thing works here haha so ill try that becuase im using my N3DS and im definitely sure ive replaced it with the one on my pc
and the 9.2 firm... how can i be sure im running it on my emunand?
Well for me I hold L before i boot aureinand but that loads my 9.2 sysnand with the 9.2 firm. Im not sure if it goes the same way if you have an updated sysnand and want to boot emunand with the 9.2 firm but you could try?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for me I hold L before i boot aureinand but that loads my 9.2 sysnand with the 9.2 firm. Im not sure if it goes the same way if you have an updated sysnand and want to boot emunand with the 9.2 firm but you could try?
Yeah, it works the same way if your emuNAND's on 9.0-9.2.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Holding L just gives me black screens... forcing me to reboot
EDIT: i get:
Red bottom screen
'exploiting arm9
(some amount of 0's)1' for like a frame
Red bottom screen
hb menu

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure i do... im not that retarded but ill check
Ive got it haha
and R brings me to sysnand completely fine
Id i had an updated sysnand i could help troublr shoot. But im still on emunand xD. Try to redownload the firmware90.bin and see if that helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...