Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
Stupid question since I missed much of discussion about a9l: can I run updated/newer arm9loaderhax.3dsx in a9lh sysnand 9.2 or I have to return to normal 9.2 before proceeding?
You can run it on either SysNAND (with 9.0-9.2 firm) or EmuNAND (with 9.0-9.2 firm) without restoring normal "non A9LH" NAND backup.

Reactions: tivu100

Aahz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how up-to-date CloudA9H is/tries to be in terms of new commits? It's an awesome alternative but it's definitely not spitting-out the same *.3dsx file as compiling your own from delebile's.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
here is a new dev build of bootctr9, most of the changes are sourcecode reorganisations, and support for 2 new folder.
With this build the folders "arm9loaderhax", "a9lh", "arm9bootloader" and the root directory are supported for all files(arm9bootloader.bin, boot_config.ini and arm9bootloader.log).

Edit:
I added a build with a hacky app-screen brightness support, in theory every app that writes a value to 0x1FFF3000 without running other code on arm9 could change the brightness.

neat, but what is that brightness thingie? like what can it do?
and sorry i will throw a noob question, what are the armloaderhax in the zips for ? i assume to load the A9LH ?

i currently have the armloaderhax bin that was in the Aureinand folder so.. if i replaced that with one of these you have posted, will my 3ds still boot emuNAND x x' is the armloaderhax you posted just an update? thanks in advance

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
neat, but what is that brightness thingie? like what can it do?
and sorry i will throw a noob question, what are the armloaderhax in the zips for ? i assume to load the A9LH ?

i currently have the armloaderhax bin that was in the Aureinand folder so.. if i replaced that with one of these you have posted, will my 3ds still boot emuNAND x x' is the armloaderhax you posted just an update? thanks in advance
arm9loaderhax.bin is a payload(a small programm) which does different things. The arm9loaderhax.bin in the zip is a simple loader for the arm9bootloader.bin(my bootloader). You can rename the reinand .bin and add it to the configuration file, and then it will boot it depending on the used section.
this way you are able to boot for example uncart if you press select, decrypt9 if you press start, and reinand as defaul.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
arm9loaderhax.bin is a payload(a small programm) which does different things. The arm9loaderhax.bin in the zip is a simple loader for the arm9bootloader.bin(my bootloader). You can rename the reinand .bin and add it to the configuration file, and then it will boot it depending on the used section.
this way you are able to boot for example uncart if you press select, decrypt9 if you press start, and reinand as defaul.

you mean like similar to how menuhax works with CTR boot manager ? like upon booting the 3ds you can press a button that was saved in the config to boot d9 for example, and it will boot into that?

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how up-to-date CloudA9H is/tries to be in terms of new commits? It's an awesome alternative but it's definitely not spitting-out the same *.3dsx file as compiling your own from delebile's.
It should be using the latest delebile commit, if not it is using at least the screen init commit

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How would I get the stage file if I want to update to the latest commit with your updater

You don't. @dark_samus3 said that the releases are not safe at all (for example, his previous commit would prevent the 3DS to boot...), so you should wait for official releases before doing anything. Otherwise you could break your 3DS.

Reactions: Zyrmkel and peteruk

Aahz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'd love a n2DS as I'm one of those people for which the 3D just gives me a headache and doesn't work. (it's why I went with a 2DS in the first place)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: