Hacking ARM 11 error after update, but with a catch

palanix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While I am aware that to fix arm 11 error you need to simply drag two files onto the sd card, this sadly doesnt work for me because I dont have homebrew installed on my sd card. I dont know what to do, because I cant install homebrew without a working 3ds, but my 3ds doesnt work because i dont have homebrew installed. Can someone please help me? I cant afford a new 3ds

I think its luma if that is important

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you drag the latest Luma boot files onto your SD card anyway? It should fix that. https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases

To fix booting without homebrew files on the SD card, put godmode9 on the SD card: https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage.html (the first two sections of this page)
Make sure you already have the latest Luma boot files on your SD card, like I said above.
Then follow the "CTRNAND Luma3DS" section of this page: https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup#section-vi---ctrnand-luma3ds
That should fix the error when turning on the 3DS without an SD card that has the latest Luma boot files.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What exactly is your problem? Is it this one?

error-jpg.261969

ARM11 errors do not show up on unmodified 2|3DS consoles. No idea what you mean with "I dont have homebrew installed on my sd". The real modification (B9S) is done on the internal NAND. If the above screen with process pm as error cause shows up, you should provide boot.firm from latest Luma3DS release (v10.2.1 at the moment) on a FAT32 formatted SD.

Make sure your SD is working and formatted correctly. → Quadruple reformat
Try another SD as well if it doesn't work, even if the computer says the SD is okay.

Hold (Select) on power on. On the bottom of the lower screen it should say "Booted from SD via B9S" – if it says "Booted from CTRNAND via B9S" instead, B9S is unable to find the boot file on the SD. Might be:
  • Bad/corrupted SD
  • Wrong file system (only FAT32 will work)
  • File missing
  • File named boot.firm.firm (Microsoft Windows hiding files extensions by default for whatever reason)
  • Dirty or even bad SD reader in the console. Depending on the model this is very bad. This is the last thing to consider. Bad SD reader isn't common and you shouldn't assume the worst first.
If your console boots from SD again, please follow the CTRNAND Luma3DS of the guide @IC_ linked above.

Good luck!

palanix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok guys thank you, idk what fixed it but i just formated the drive and put the luma files on root and it worked, i can now boot again. Thank you so much.

palanix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
while i was trying to follow the guide, i noticed that my nintendo is saying that the sd card is write protected although it isnt. Can you guys please help me? I know that it isnt write protected because on my pc it works. It is formated to FAT32 if that matters. also the card is 64GB large, but i followed this tutorial to format my drive correctly.

i checked the sd card using h2testw, no errors
for some reason my 2 GB card works

Last edited by palanix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night