• Not yet :)

• Former Pirate

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that what pirates do now and days? Play video games? I thought pirates sail seas, on a boat with a talking bird and lots of beer and rum. Captain Morrigan or cap'n crunch. Pirates of the Caribbean, Shantae and the pirate curse MR.KRABS. :blink:

Nope, Not me. Only pirate like thing I ever done was watch sailor moon on robot chicken. :ninja:

Does it count if I say ARG!!! a lot?

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that what pirates do now and days? Play video games? I thought pirates sail seas, on a boat with a talking bird and lots of beer and rum. Captain Morrigan or cap'n crunch. Pirates of the Caribbean, Shantae and the pirate curse MR.KRABS. :blink:

Nope, Not me. Only pirate like thing I ever done was watch sailor moon on robot chicken. :ninja:

Does it count if I say ARG!!! a lot?
Did you say "Beer"? arrrrh

Reactions: Benja81

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as the limits of my fragile memory go, I don't believe I've illegally obtained a PC video game. Maybe I did ages ago and forgot, who knows.

Now consoles, those are a little different. Thing about console games is that they tend to stop being sold firsthand after some time. Take the DS library for example, I would have to expend effort tracking down second hand sellers and probably pay a largely varying amount of money for the privilege. No thanks, I will take my downloads and be content. Not like any publisher or developer would see that money anyway so what is the point?

Even the 3DS library, except that one carries the exception of still being available in digital form. That one is mostly laziness: for reasons never made clear to me Nintendo removed the ability to pay using a card on the European eShop. That was odd, and incredibly frustrating.
Back in the day I did make my own legitimate backups of the various 3ds games I owned physically, for conveniences sake. Anything new gets downloaded because I have passed the point of caring about paying for that system. I already give extortionate amounts to Nintendo for overpriced Switch games so what does it matter.
If my Switch were able to be hacked I think I would still buy some games for it. The ones that really hold my attention enough to uphold the hefty cost they carry these days. There are however some that I would relish in being able to play without that worry. These games would likely not have been purchased anyway.

Am I committing software piracy? Very likely. Does it bother me? No, because I keep it under control enough for my own morales to be happy with the choice.
And I think thats the most important part, if you are content with whatever you are doing in full knowledge of how it might (Or in most cases, might not) affect the creators then by all means keep at it. Just don't be a dick.

Reactions: MartianMSK

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirates from hundreds of years ago: used eye patches
Pirates of today: Downloads patches

truth be told. LoL

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Notice how the main question doesn't have a plain azz "NO" on it?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I mostly stick to paying for games because I have a job that allows me to do so. For some older games that I have a hard time finding I may opt for piracy though.

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A lot

If I can and it is virus free : I pirate it.

Only games I buy are onlines game I cannot pirate or games of my favorite franchise

Lunar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For PC games, I don't like to pirate because they're usually <30 bucks plus I get all of Steam's features. For the Switch however, I'm not paying 60 dollars for a game that was released four years ago...

Kolina2901

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Arrg, I be sailing the seven seas plundering treasures and Nintendo Dabloons, don't ask about me penguin or else yee be walking the plank!

Legit answer is hell yeah, Started with music technically if you count those old YTMP3 sites, then Emulator on an old crappy netbook to try and get some use out of it, then went on from there.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, not as much as I used to be. I haven't modded my Switch because I like playing online, and it's my primary gaming console. Older consoles, especially with games only sold on the secondary market, are usually fair game IMO though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol