• Former Pirate

Results are only viewable after voting.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, "argh" for every system but the switch, but I still technically there too, as I download every game I buy. I'm buying eshop only, so I want a copy for whenever the eshop goes down. though, you'll probably still be able to download your games (maybe not on another switch though). the main reason is I can't have over 2 grand in my account, and every system I pirate on, I end up not playing any of its games. the ps4 is a good example of that.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Less by choice and more because it’s actually hard to support Nintendo due to their practices. If I want to play Pokémon SoulSilver, I am pretty much SOL with getting in any way that will actually support Nintendo. I am also SOL at finding it for a reasonable price since it’s almost full retail on the used market. Nintendo also loves to intentionally (and sometimes openly) short stock or limited runs (like the Mario 3D collection.) Nintendo pretty much requires you to be part of certain time frame in order to legally enjoy most of their games and support their products. Their own practices makes it so it doesn’t matter how you get their games, they are never seeing support from you. So piracy just becomes the cheaper and better option.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maxresdefault-1.jpg

D

Deleted User

i've been pirating less and less stuff as time goes on, in fact, the only pirated program on my computer right now is Vegas Pro 15, the software industry in general (counting games and non games) has improved a lot, though i pirate music, manga and anime usually due to them being unavailable legally (such as any Funimation exclusive) to me

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh yeah, when it comes to console its mostly old games that i can't obtain anymore, or the occasional rare gem that was always hard to find.
When it comes to PC i used to be a bit more flexible as i wasn't always sure that my PC could run a game, and the game didn't have a demo i could try out. Now i have a new PC and don't need to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/P1hdZ8h