Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I own both a new iMac and a PC. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I do find that most people who "hate" Macs are people brought up on Windows who have memorized where to click and being different confuses them. If they were brought up on the Mac interface they would be saying the exact same thing about Windows. *shrug*

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
I own both a new iMac and a PC. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I do find that most people who "hate" Macs are people brought up on Windows who have memorized where to click and being different confuses them. If they were brought up on the Mac interface they would be saying the exact same thing about Windows. *shrug*

Yeah, except I was brought up on a Mac, but got a PC when it was time for my own computer. Now I use Ubuntu.
unsure.gif

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:

I was brought up on pc (aside from my very first machine which was an apple II plus) and I can say thats probably the reason I'm a mac user. With bootcamp and parallels I can avoid fiddling with windows most of the time anyway. PC has it's strengths, but no matter when I have been working with a pc, it almost always has some little quirk it needs corrected, which seems to lead to something else needing fixing via driver update restart... and periodically I've had them decide to restart while I'm out of the room without my consent, leaving me losing some downloads.

*Is typing on a pc at the moment*

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
PC! Macs are prettier, but I'm used to PCs.

Also, after the abomination that is iTunes i'm disinclined to buy more Apple software.

n606289534_209446_4696.jpg

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU FOOLS

"MACS" ARE Personal ComputerS TOO

also i don't understand what this "other" category is

for the record, i own a COMPUTER with a large windows 7 partition for recording video off some cheapy windows only recorder
you should all know that i have a mere 512MB of RAM and it runs fine
sure the windows rating is like 2.0 but who gives a fuck lol (i don't even set it to best performace, hell i run it with Aero hahaha)
i don't run xp because my piece of shit reinstall disc wouldn't let me reinstall it
also because i think windows 7 is pretty
my other partition is linux mint 7 xfce that i use for everything else

if i had the money, i would buy an apple computer w/ osx just because it's pretty too, also because it's an OS i need to learn

i would tri-boot, and just go with whatever i feel at any time

so far it seems to me this is what certain OSes need to be used for

Windows - Gaming
Linux - General Use
OSX - General Use

problems:

Windows - hella viruses cuz you used limewire like a dumbass or you went too far in teh interwebs
Linux - gotta go through a lot of trouble just to set up some things like a LEXMARK PRINTER that won't even work correctly at the end (lol)
OSX - useless unless you dish out the money for an apple computer or you hack it (in which case you may as well use either of the other two OSes)

that's just my experience

lol

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
Macs aren't as overpriced as most people think.

Actually...yeah. They are. Compared to good PCs, they are.

QUOTE(luke_c @ Jan 5 2010, 02:17 PM) I'm a Mac and OSX was my idea!

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PC.

Macs are cute though. If I were a girl or a homosexual I would probably own a mac. Alas, I am neither. Damn my penis and heterosexuality!
frown.gif

D

Deleted_171835

TheLifeRuiner said:
YOU FOOLS

"MACS" ARE Personal ComputerS TOO

also i don't understand what this "other" category is

for the record, i own a COMPUTER with a large windows 7 partition for recording video off some cheapy windows only recorder
you should all know that i have a mere 512MB of RAM and it runs fine
sure the windows rating is like 2.0 but who gives a fuck lol (i don't even set it to best performace, hell i run it with Aero hahaha)
i don't run xp because my piece of shit reinstall disc wouldn't let me reinstall it
also because i think windows 7 is pretty
my other partition is linux mint 7 xfce that i use for everything else

if i had the money, i would buy an apple computer w/ osx just because it's pretty too, also because it's an OS i need to learn

i would tri-boot, and just go with whatever i feel at any time

so far it seems to me this is what certain OSes need to be used for

Windows - Gaming
Linux - General Use
OSX - General Use

problems:

Windows - hella viruses cuz you used limewire like a dumbass or you went too far in teh interwebs
Linux - gotta go through a lot of trouble just to set up some things like a LEXMARK PRINTER that won't even work correctly at the end (lol)
OSX - useless unless you dish out the money for an apple computer or you hack it (in which case you may as well use either of the other two OSes)

that's just my experience

lol
You know what they mean by PC. Several sites including this say that.

Don't be a fucktard.

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revolutionize said:

Don't be a fucktard.

obviously you're no fan of joking around

sorry not everyone here is serious, douchebag

i will give you that it wasn't that funny, though
really i'm having a hard time finding it amusing now that i read it over lol

D

Deleted_171835

TheLifeRuiner said:
Revolutionize said:

Don't be a fucktard.

obviously you're no fan of joking around

sorry not everyone here is serious, douchebag

i will give you that it wasn't that funny, though
really i'm having a hard time finding it amusing now that i read it over lol
That obviously wasn't a joke. Or it was a really bad joke.

I'm not a "douchebag" despite what you may think. This is not the EoF or 4chan. I don't expect foolishness here.

TheLifeRuiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revolutionize said:

I'm not a "douchebag" despite what you may think. This is not the EoF or 4chan. I don't expect foolishness here.

First of all, I can't understand how you can say "obviously", and then say "or..." If it's so obvious, then there wouldn't be an "or", and you would be right, but you're not.

It's not about what I think, it's about how you're presenting yourself.

This is a video game website, get over yourself.

I really have nothing against you...you're just saying some silly things. Like I said, what I said probably isn't funny but WHATEVER man, get over it. lol
If it makes you feel better, I'll say "I'm a PC".

Man if you don't let this go...lol

D

Deleted_171835

TheLifeRuiner said:
Revolutionize said:

First of all, I can't understand how you can say "obviously", and then say "or..." If it's so obvious, then there wouldn't be an "or", and you would be right, but you're not.

It's not about what I think, it's about how you're presenting yourself.

This is a video game website, get over yourself.

I really have nothing against you...you're just saying some silly things. Like I said, what I said probably isn't funny but WHATEVER man, get over it. lol
If it makes you feel better, I'll say "I'm a PC".

Man if you don't let this go...lol
Mistake. Simple Explanation.

How the hell did I "present" myself to be a 'douchebag'. Is it because I insulted your joke? It's okay. Don't cry.

I have been here long enough to know that this is a forum about "videogames". Duh.

I didn't like your "joke". Plain and simple. No need to get offended over it.

What?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway