Homebrew Question Are there any upcoming Gamecube, Wii, or Wii U emulators for Switch?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its called Lakka, a minimal linux distro that runs Retroarch. There's a thread titled that in this forum. Its currently set up for handheld only, and you have to use bluetooth for sound, but has full proper OpenGL support and a few more JITs available since its 32-bit. Dolphin core is included that can sort-of run gamecube and wii games.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear Sony is working hand and hand with hackers to make PS5 both as a standalone console and to allow PS5 games to work on the Switch via homebrew.
I heard PS5 games are already available for switch homebrew.

@OP, did you get your switch to boot? You left my discord for some reason, just because it died in RCM doesn't mean it's broken, this is the 2nd one now so you should really listen to me lol, and it can/will be fixed.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I heard PS5 games are already available for switch homebrew.

@OP, did you get your switch to boot? You left my discord for some reason, just because it died in RCM doesn't mean it's broken, this is the 2nd one now so you should really listen to me lol, and it can/will be fixed.
You should probably tag him, like so @McRedstoneYT

Sakuraibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gamecube and Wii will come eventually but priorities are getting the "basics" working such as Nintendo 64 dynarec and better Lakka implementation on Switch. For now, go play some old games, there's some great stuff already working on Switch.

Oh, and Wii U emulation on Switch won't happen. The Switch is not near as powerful to run Wii U games on playable speeds emulated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL