Hacking Are teh COD5 servers down? or is it gamma?

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a backup of COD 5 and i was able to play on Wi-Fi for the first day but the next day it didn't want to work, today 11/16/08,. I burned a new copy and still nothing then i tried a backup of GH:WT and was able to go on Wi-Fi proving my router works fine so it must be Gamma or the COD 5 servers. Has anyone had this problem and can anyone help?

jam3972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haven't tried COD5 myself but in my experience a lot of the Wii online games just have shitty servers and go down randomly.

esp since it's a new game it probably is getting heavy load on the servers.

just wait awhile and try again later, you could call the producers of the game and complain if you really want to..

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i really don't know what the problem is... i know my wii can use wi-fi when using original game and another backup but not COD 5...and it was working for the 1st day but it suddenly stopped working i can play the game just cant use wi-fi it says cant connect to server. Anyone had this problem? Anyone one has this working? What are your settings?

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
were you playing the game online before the launch date?

edit: reason i ask is because i was playing GH:WT online before release and i think they blocked my initial profile... i wasnt able to access the wifi. I created a new profile and now everything works fine. Haven't tried CoD5 yet.

itsmeoreo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it might be on your end. ive been playing it since saturday (a backup copy) and online runs fine with the occasional lag from other users.

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill try that..then ill download new backup maybe the one i mad came out flawed or bad burn...well imma do that now..lol

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i tried everything i cant seem to play on line can this be due to the new firmware update?...i really want to play online...so if anyone can help thanks

B

BryceOne

Hey, how did you burn your copy?? I'm about to burn mine, but the compatibility list says "1:1 freezes in menus with default settings (Please see discussion page)". I have yet to find this discussion page, so I'm looking to ask others that have successfully burned theirs.

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well a little off topic...but i burned mine on a Sony-R at 16x like all my other burns...it doesn't freeze, I'm using Backup launcher 0.3 gamma,...so just try it and after see if you can go online because i could at first and then for no reason i cant anymore.

B

BryceOne

Ragee1234 said:
well a little off topic...but i burned mine on a Sony-R at 16x like all my other burns...it doesn't freeze, I'm using Backup launcher 0.3 gamma,...so just try it and after see if you can go online because i could at first and then for no reason i cant anymore.

Thanks. Going to burn it now.. Also using Sony DVD-R.. I'll edit this post and let you know the online results.

UPDATE: Burned it.. Works great, and yes, online is working for me just fine.

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice i guess..mine was too until it just stopped working suddenly..what firmware you are you using?

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried that...i even tried other games backups and real..and they work...so the problem remains unsolved

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1