Are teachers allowed to swear in class where you live?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,442
  • Replies 36
  • Likes 1

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Never heard of law preventing it, but most of my teachers never swore.
...Except for my literature teacher from my previous school. He swore like a motherfucker. He regularly had classes where he swore like 20 times.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allowed ? Well... They are supposed to give a good example to the students for they are role model people. If they are doing things that offended to the students then you should tell the school authority or something like that. They are obviously not a good teachers to give good example to the students. Yeah, I would say that is wrong.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I live in Australia. In primary school I never heard a teacher swear. In my third year of high school (Australia has no middle school) a teacher who was extremely fucking pissed off at my class dropped a curse word. In my fifth and sixth years of high school (the final two) some teachers would swear and some wouldn't. In university some teachers will swear and some wont. Rather than paying heed to any code of conduct, to swear or not to swear is a personal choice teachers make. One lecturer, in a lecture which was not recorded dropped the idiom "the shit hits the fan". There probably are codes of conduct at high schools and universities in Australia which prohibit staff from swearing. But I've never heard of a case of someone making a complaint because nobody gives a fuck.

As for students, most teachers will tolerate a certain level of curse words but will tell students off if the cursing gets excessive.
in britain there not alowed but they still slip up

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Allowed ? Well... They are supposed to give a good example to the students for they are role model people. If they are doing things that offended to the students then you should tell the school authority or something like that. They are obviously not a good teachers to give good example to the students. Yeah, I would say that is wrong.
Swearing is a vital part of language and communication and the way you speak of it makes it sound like you look down upon it. Similarly why would swearing in and of itself offend someone? If you call someone a cunt then they might plausibly take offence but simply saying there are cunts in the world is surely different.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are absolutely right .. But... No, I am talking about the teachers. They are not support to swearing in the front of students because they are the teachers and a good example of role model. So the student can learn something from them. Doing that are telling students that its okay to swear. No.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Swearing is a vital part of language and communication and the way you speak of it makes it sound like you look down upon it. Similarly why would swearing in and of itself offend someone? If you call someone a cunt then they might plausibly take offence but simply saying there are cunts in the world is surely different.

Yeah that kind of thing can get confusing, especially here in Scotland where swearing is about 80% of our dialogue

For example the following would be quite common and not derogatory at all;

That’s a braw [insert item], where’d ye get that?

Ah got it fae that cunt doon the street fae me. You know the cunt, big fat baldy cunt. He’s always out washing his cunting car, even in the rain, silly cunt.

Oh aye, ah know that cunt. He’s a good cunt though so he is. He’s always willing tae help any cunt out an never takes a cuntin thing for it.

Until I met my wife, cunt was my most used word. Don’t think I ever managed a complete sentence without using it. Such a versatile word. Must be one of my favourites. Well, that and cockwomble, but that’s never used in a good way :D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are absolutely right .. But... No, I am talking about the teachers. They are not support to swearing in the front of students because they are the teachers and a good example of role model. So the student can learn something from them. Doing that are telling students that its okay to swear. No.
Why is swearing something a role model would not, or perhaps should not, do? It is OK to swear.

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 9th grade English/History teacher would occasionally curse when we just talked to him, wasting the ample time we have (it was all in fun and games)

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our teachers swear sometimes, heard an f bomb from my chemistry teacher once and was kinda surprised. I there are probably some swearing rules in the US but i guess they're pretty lax

D

Deleted User

OP
Some people are offended by curse words so for the sake of providing a safe learning environment schoolteachers should not be allowed to swear. When you get to university or college it doesn't matter so much since the students are adults.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people are offended by curse words so for the sake of providing a safe learning environment schoolteachers should not be allowed to swear. When you get to university or college it doesn't matter so much since the students are adults.
Do you have the right to not be offended these days or something?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My teachers never swore. Except maybe my 6th grade "teacher". But had he not somehow bribed his way through school I doubt anyone would consider him a teacher. Guy was a complete retard and I wouldn't be surprised if he ever got arrested for beating a child, or worse. He often swore because he didn't have the intelligence to do much else when a classroom full of children made him angry.

Teachers aren't "allowed" to, but it's not the end of the world if they do. Unless it's a consistent problem, I imagine school faculty would cut someone loose for repeatedly getting reported for doing so.

Never heard of law preventing it, but most of my teachers never swore.
...Except for my literature teacher from my previous school. He swore like a motherfucker. He regularly had classes where he swore like 20 times.

Seems to be a thing for some literature teachers, depending on what type of shitty writing they choose to be inspired by. I knew a guy who read all sorts of retarded books, and one of them was on how amazing swearing is and everyone should do it. Apparently he had a college professor who would actually drop your grade if you didn't swear in a writing assignment. Utter stupidity.

I, and many others, choose to employ swearing as a very lazy tool to emphasize a point. It's basically just the cop out way of expressing strong feelings with a significantly lesser vocab. Simple and effective, but I don't for a second think any person ever has to swear to get a point across. People who write without swearing at all can express themselves much more vividly as a result of not relying on such a useless crutch.

Last edited by Hells Malice,
Reactions: smileyhead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.