Hacking Question Are modded Joycons charged when attached?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Didn't have that battery issue so far, but I did read somewhere in this forum (IDK how true it is) that holding your power button for 15 seconds will discharge the capacitors or something and fix battery calibration issues.. Worth at try.
You have to remove the battery first ;)
But this might not be the case.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't have that battery issue so far, but I did read somewhere in this forum (IDK how true it is) that holding your power button for 15 seconds will discharge the capacitors or something and fix battery calibration issues.. Worth at try.
That's only for the actual switch console and only if you remove the battery

MightyMoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You have to remove the battery first ;)
But this might not be the case.
That's only for the actual switch console and only if you remove the battery

My bad.. Thought it was as simple as pressing a button :D

And I think he was talking about the switch battery, not the joycon.

Reactions: wicksand420

MightyMoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yes, I was talking about the Switch battery. After removing the tin foil from the Joycon, the battery is back to normal. Strange...

Oh so your problem only exists while the tin is in? It might be normal.. I never actually kept the tin in since it won't recognize the physical connection.. I got it on a tape and I remove it as soon as I inject the payload. So scratch what I said about me not having your issue.. I just don't know if I do.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Joycons are not recognized as directly attached to the Switch anymore, if pins 9 and 10 are connected. But what about charging? Are the modded Joycons still charging while attached?

If they're not connected as normal when inserted, then you moved pin 9 too far. They need to be literally just touching. I had this issue when pin 9 overlapped pin 10, but when I bent 9 back to where it's adjacent and just slightly touching, the joycon worked just as like it wasn't modded and RCM still worked.

Last edited by Selim873,
Reactions: Sm0k3r83

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Best method and very easy to do, you don't even need great soldering skills for this one is what a few members told me on here. lift the black sponge of your test pads, just give it a good pull the one above your pins that your supposed to bend together, on your right joy con. Then stick some black electric tape down right over the soldered pads that your not going to solder together apart from the end two of course 9 & 10 I think they are called but make sure the rest are all covered properly, run a knife down the edge of the last ones just to make sure there both covered properly with the tape and put a blob of solder between the end two pads to connect them both. Let the solder set properly and take your black tape off and job done, all clean and tidy!

You can also pop your sponge back on if you like, just to be a perfectionist!

Last edited by Reecey,

MrWhosHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no only pins 1, 2, and 7 work as a ground source
That’s a lie pin 9 and 10 work I bend my joy con and works and gets charged

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think i will just mod my joycon by soldering the two between a switch and drill a hole so i can press the switch when i want to go in rcm
Yes you can make a hole on the joy con and put a switch or button so like this you safely use your joy con or buy a used or new one and mod that one

PsychoRabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First I bent 9 to 10, then I soldered the same pins on the pad and tried to unbend the pin 9. When I was trying to unbend the pin went slighty "downwards" and doesn't look like the others (I guess I applied more force than needed). But even after that it still being recognizable as attached and charges well too.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I bent 9 to 10, then I soldered the same pins on the pad and tried to unbend the pin 9. When I was trying to unbend the pin went slighty "downwards" and doesn't look like the others (I guess I applied more force than needed). But even after that it still being recognizable as attached and charges well too.
pin 4 is charging pin 6 is attach detection

Reactions: PsychoRabbit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Also there are nice places to move to get legal cannabis, not just Arizona