PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Funny, both of my flashcards were marked 'Gift'. It seems like basically unless it says 'illegal piracy device' no one's going to bother checking it.

waffle1995

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here in the USA:
If you have the big "R" on you pc or flashcart and Don't own the orginial.
It F ing Illegal

[P.S. Well can you show/tell the guy at gamestop about flashcart and he won't do shit about, he might ask how to get it, that all "lol for real"]

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
waffle1995 said:
Here in the USA:
If you have the big "R" on you pc or flashcart and Don't own the orginial.
It F ing Illegal

[P.S. Well can you show/tell the guy at gamestop about flashcart and he won't do shit about, he might ask how to get it, that all "lol for real"]

WhatchutalkinboutWillis? ROMs are illegal even if you own the original.

EDIT: You guys are thick skulled(*cough*guybelowme*cough), just like in an atheist vs christian debate, no one will change their mind. Believe what you want, screw it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
windwakr said:
Just because they don't have anything on them doesn't make them legal.

...Yeah it does. Where I live, they are.

WiiBricker said:
Yea, because even the Supreme Court fail to see that DSi compatible flash carts contain copyrighted code. They simply dont know.

Or they still say "it can be used as stuff other than piracy no matter what's on it." Thus, it's not illegal.

windwakr

Not here in Canada, not where I live anyways. There was a big debate over a torrent site about it that went on for months. People trying to shut it down, but the courts ruled it as "If they own the original, they can copy it to whatever."

Just like music, that was another topic of debate. "If they own the CD, they can make copies/download and put it on their music storing device."

ArKRaveN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Uncle FEFL said:
TwinRetro said:
Flash carts are illegal in some countries, and not in most.

Piracy is illegal in most countries, but not in some.I realize that you're trying to use simple logic so you don't get corrected, however think of it this way: Someone who is not getting proper treatment with their own material will probably move to countries where they do. No one wants their property stolen and have it be made even worse because the offender isn't actually breaking the country's law.

Therefore, I ask if you know of any countries that don't have laws against piracy, or if you're speaking out of your ass.

TwinRetro said:
QUOTE(WiiBricker @ Oct 18 2010, 10:45 PM) All DSi flash carts are illegal since they contain copyrighted code from Nintendo, but most of the people here fail to see that.

Cite your sources, so that I may rip them to shreds with logic. I dare you.
You're incredibly confident, yet you're still wrong. How do you think DSi flashcards bypass anti-piracy protection? They use codes from other games.

From what I heard, they aren't Nintendo games though WiiBricker. They are third-party games for the specific reason of not trying to fight Nintendo in court.

They Aren't nintendo games but the antipiracy on the DSi IS a nintendo software, thus, the codes are given to the third party companies BY nintendo.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ArKRaveN said:
Uncle FEFL said:
TwinRetro said:
Flash carts are illegal in some countries, and not in most.

Piracy is illegal in most countries, but not in some.I realize that you're trying to use simple logic so you don't get corrected, however think of it this way: Someone who is not getting proper treatment with their own material will probably move to countries where they do. No one wants their property stolen and have it be made even worse because the offender isn't actually breaking the country's law.

Therefore, I ask if you know of any countries that don't have laws against piracy, or if you're speaking out of your ass.

TwinRetro said:
QUOTE(WiiBricker @ Oct 18 2010, 10:45 PM) All DSi flash carts are illegal since they contain copyrighted code from Nintendo, but most of the people here fail to see that.

Cite your sources, so that I may rip them to shreds with logic. I dare you.
You're incredibly confident, yet you're still wrong. How do you think DSi flashcards bypass anti-piracy protection? They use codes from other games.

From what I heard, they aren't Nintendo games though WiiBricker. They are third-party games for the specific reason of not trying to fight Nintendo in court.

They Aren't nintendo games but the antipiracy on the DSi IS a nintendo software, thus, the codes are given to the third party companies BY nintendo.

It doesn't matter, the recent DMCA ruling deemed that jailbreaking an iphone, even though it includes using copyrighted DRM, is legal. This is the same situation as the DSi and Flashcarts using copyrighted material for the purposes of circumnavigating official software.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
windwakr said:
Just because they don't have anything on them doesn't make them legal.

...Yeah it does. Where I live, they are.

WiiBricker said:
Yea, because even the Supreme Court fail to see that DSi compatible flash carts contain copyrighted code. They simply dont know.

Or they still say "it can be used as stuff other than piracy no matter what's on it." Thus, it's not illegal.

windwakr

Not here in Canada, not where I live anyways. There was a big debate over a torrent site about it that went on for months. People trying to shut it down, but the courts ruled it as "If they own the original, they can copy it to whatever."

Just like music, that was another topic of debate. "If they own the CD, they can make copies/download and put it on their music storing device."

Sources please. (Probably by PM since I doubt the mods will enjoy a torrent link.)

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Laos and Marshall Islands are countries with no copyright laws that I can think of off the top of my head, but i'm sure there are more.

The code that bypasses the dsi's AP protection is distributed separate from the cart itself, so I say again that the cart itself is and never will be illegal unless there is a specific law that bars flash carts.
For that reason alone, I feel bad for the creative minds in those countries.

Well, say we got rid of those completely, making the DSi flashcards perfectly legal. However, they'd also be useless. So in a sense you're right, the flashcard itself is legal, but what's needed for it to work isn't.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, there is no way in hell I am going to go back and try and find info from 2 years ago. Not to mention, since the site updated, I haven't been able to get on. Other people can, but my internet just doesn't, it's weird.

And I don't think I'm allowed to give out links. But still, I'm not going back 2 years to try and find it. It was in our local newspapers and everything. I'm not going to lie, because my parents take the whole "DOWNLOADING=BAD" thing seriously. It's not country wide, the province I'm in, it's basically it's own country. It doesn't pay attention to what the rest of the country is doing.

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah they are.
I mean we all use them for illegal purposes mostly.
closedeyes.gif

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Piracy is clearly illegal while homebrew code is clearly legal, so flashcarts themselves fall into a bit of a grey area. I think (in the US, I don't know about Japan) they're *technically* legal if not used for piracy.
as this guy said but in japan they are illegal i own this years guineas book of world records gaming edition japan banned flash carts

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pokefreak2008 said:
PeregrinFig said:
Piracy is clearly illegal while homebrew code is clearly legal, so flashcarts themselves fall into a bit of a grey area. I think (in the US, I don't know about Japan) they're *technically* legal if not used for piracy.
as this guy said but in japan they are illegal i own this years guineas book of world records gaming edition japan banned flash carts

Which is ironic considering that's where it's all made...

AcekardFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
pokefreak2008 said:
PeregrinFig said:

I Thought It Was China???

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AcekardFan said:
ShadowSoldier said:
pokefreak2008 said:
PeregrinFig said:

I Thought It Was China???

Which is just as bad if not worse considering video game consoles are banned over there. Yet that's where all game consoles/flashcards are made.

Bluelaserman
Why would it matter? I highly doubt you bought the Flashcart for the sole purpose of running homebrew. You also most likely do more illegal things (Movies, Music and Games)
Some people actually do, I know a good dozen or so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up