Hardware Are cheap Screen Protectors bad for the 3ds screens? (also about the circle pad grips..)

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
guys i have some cheap sp's on my n3ds/og i bought it off amazon 6 pieces for like 4$ or so..

i put them on and there are no bubbles etc. they fit nicely, but i would like to know if they could make the screen scratch more? o.O

sorry i am also going OCD with the circle pad grips i have received from CyberGadget.

('cause i would like to keep them on but i worry about the top screen getting damaged from having it on while i close the lid etc. so i have also placed some bumpers on the top screen of my 3ds'es..)
i hope someone could help me out with this? is anyone here using circle pad grips and keeps them on permanently?

i am too lazy to keep taking them off..i bought the bumpers and you can see i cut them into pieces because they were abit too huge. (i bought some that were recommended to me, they are good! but abit big)

i will provide you guys with some pictures.

Fxa1Xus.jpg

sB13YWx.jpg

5oHBAnA.jpg

9ddF43K.jpg

MEc8jsV.jpg

hgf6qUP.jpg

N8orEzA.jpg

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using cheapy 3DS XL screen protectors. So far, I've noticed that they get scratched mega easily - there's the difference between the good ones and the cheap ones. I think the cheapy ones use a softer plastic and hence they scratch like a mofo.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I'm using cheapy 3DS XL screen protectors. So far, I've noticed that they get scratched mega easily - there's the difference between the good ones and the cheap ones. I think the cheapy ones use a softer plastic and hence they scratch like a mofo.

oh yeh! i noticed that there were some scratches from the moment i have put them on actually XD

but i actually meant whether they would also damage tthe actual screen instead of protecting them, considering their cheap quality.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had cheap screen protectors damadge screens but I guess it can happheen. There are two types of touch screens, make sure you're usinf the correct type. The bumber idea I suggested with picks long ago using cabinet bumpers readiloy availoable at any department store and I leave mine on perm. I cant see any diff, between that and the circle pad /pad tip as long as it isn't also rubbing on the top screen. Even (cheaper) rubber can be abrasive. GL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them.