Status
Not open for further replies.

wielku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yeah it looks better but the game uses triple buffer vsync and oh boy chap 3 most battles I have locked 20 fps on max oc, let's hope day one patch has some optimizations

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah it looks better but the game uses triple buffer vsync and oh boy chap 3 most battles I have locked 20 fps on max oc, let's hope day one patch has some optimizations

You mean with reverse nx sysclk and zip from page 2 is not really playable? I only tested the first minutes of the game

Israly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i think thats because
thanks, but its seems the same results, in xc2 the difference is sooo big, here very small difference, isnt it ?
there should be a difference, tho not as much as xc2. (altough i only tried on emulator and internal res is not working for xc3 i think)

Reactions: Angelito66

Angelito66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i mean, witth the masegrator patch setting in xc2 , in handled mod on my switch, the screen is soooo sharp and its in 720p, on hud, in game ect.
here my screen seems to be in 540p and more blurry, maybe more fps but the quality is poor..
sorry for my english again firends

wielku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You mean with reverse nx sysclk and zip from page 2 is not really playable? I only tested the first minutes of the game
it is because it's still jrpg but for me personally game jumping from 30 to 20 back to 30 fps is annoying the game has max 720p it's already low so I rather have dynamic res, I wish we could get some config that improves image clarity but who knows what's gonna change with day one update

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks, but its seems the same results, in xc2 the difference is sooo big, here very small difference, isnt it ?
The difference here is quite big too, maybe you did something wrong or you just didn't realize the change happened. Try taking 2 screenshots for before and after, I did that to check if the patch was working.

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it is because it's still jrpg but for me personally game jumping from 30 to 20 back to 30 fps is annoying the game has max 720p it's already low so I rather have dynamic res, I wish we could get some config that improves image clarity but who knows what's gonna change with day one update
We'll just have to wait for the game release, it's fine. The game is playable without any patches to be honest.

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XB2 looks absolutely bad without patch. So the difference is more visible when you use a patch.

But monolith improve resolution from xb2 to xb3 so the difference is not so big when you use a patch for xb3.

Maybe you can compare both games side by side on 2 switches.

For me it is visible. I can see much more details for example at nights. Without patch you dont see so many lights from lamps on the ground at the colony 9. with patch you will see it. Thats just one example. Their are manys

Last edited by DJPAUL1990,
Reactions: wielku

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
So what's the resolution with Red_BY's 4x res patch applied? I ask because it's still a little blurry on 1440p monitor but better than native for sure.

DolphinPussy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have any performance issues at all, stable 30fps on Yuzu 2856. Don't know why but game works better with the mod, who knows maybe that dynamic resolution perk was causing issues too.
The same thing certainly happened in Luigis Mansion 3, so you're not far from the truth!

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
going to assume those of you getting performance issues using the mod on the actual switch arn't using any overclocked ram patch. it runs at a perfect 30FPS for me using 1581/768/1862. this is even using the supposed 4x mod though that seems to be limited

-Musashi-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's my config. Just a resolution bump without any fluff.

What's changed:
- All resolution settings changed to 4. Game has a certain limit, possibly 2.5, after which resolution doesn't increase so 4 should push it to maximum.
- Dynamic resolution disabled.
- ColReduction, which conflicts with resolution settings, is disabled. I don't know what this option does and what are side effects of disabling it.
how did you edit your lib_nx.bin?

Last edited by -Musashi-,

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have any performance issues at all, stable 30fps on Yuzu 2856. Don't know why but game works better with the mod, who knows maybe that dynamic resolution perk was causing issues too.
well when you think about it Dynamic Resolution is just adding extra work in the background wasting resources that could be used for something else

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We ain't getting 60 fps for a while eh? Y'know I've been playing for about 5 hours now with some basic tweaks in the configuration on Yuzu and it's been fairly decent. Discount from the memory leak issue, I am consistently getting 30 fps at 1080

Reactions: TelepathX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn