Status
Not open for further replies.

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Disabled dynamic resolution. Seems only work in Docked mode, so use Reverse-NX if you want to play on handheld Switch.
Changes that I made in config
Regarding this, you also need the official charger plugged in. Works for me.

This is a quote from the official sys-clk repository:
  1. GPU overclock is capped at 460Mhz in handheld and capped at 768Mhz if charging, unless you're using the official charger.
  2. Clocks higher than 768MHz need the official charger is plugged in.

Edit: you also need to boost the CPU way up. Still, in big populated areas the switch struggles, so there's that.

Spiritshaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I am experiencing, in Chapter 2 once you get to the real open-world, these configs look good but cause performance drops below 30 FPS. Note that I am needing to use OpenGL instead of Vulkan on Yuzu because Vulkan tends to crash, that might be part of the problem. But I have a beefy system.
What's likely happening is that you're playing for more than 30 minutes on emulator. This game has a Memory Leak issue so your game is going to start chugging or outright crash after a certain period of time.

GBJark324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems there is already 60fps mod available, but same problem like with XC2 - it double speed all cutscenes too.

Just to not get people's hopes up, there is no way this game is going to run consistently at 60 FPS with the enhanced graphics settings. It is too demanding. It is just going to give a highly variable frame rate.

Reactions: TelepathX

GBJark324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's likely happening is that you're playing for more than 30 minutes on emulator. This game has a Memory Leak issue so your game is going to start chugging or outright crash after a certain period of time.

But it is this way even if I restart emulator from scratch. Note that I am now in the Sword region.

MarkM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not have any performance issues at all, stable 30fps on Yuzu 2856. Don't know why but game works better with the mod, who knows maybe that dynamic resolution perk was causing issues too.

Reactions: DolphinPussy

GBJark324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have any performance issues at all, stable 30fps on Yuzu 2856. Don't know why but game works better with the mod, who knows maybe that dynamic resolution perk was causing issues too.
What chapter are you on? What settings of Emu?

Hakairo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to not get people's hopes up, there is no way this game is going to run consistently at 60 FPS with the enhanced graphics settings. It is too demanding. It is just going to give a variable frame rate.
this is partially true. I just ried and i am mostly above 55fps. due to g-sync this is way better than 30. But sadly the 60fps cheat prevents cutscenes from progressing, ending in a blackscreen where you cannot do anything. So I do not recommend

Spiritshaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't think this game is particullarily ready to be completed from start to end in it's current state. Not even on normal hardware cause memory leaks are happening there too.

MarkM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Many people are reporting that XC3 is working better on Ryujinx, but for me it's constant bottleneck - FIFO 95-100% all the time, literally unplayable. With Yuzu no issues at all.

Reactions: DolphinPussy

Spiks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Many people are reporting that XC3 is working better on Ryujinx, but for me it's constant bottleneck - FIFO 95-100% all the time, literally unplayable. With Yuzu no issues at all.
tried the Vulkan build instead?

ShinRaikdou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yeah, I don't think this game is particullarily ready to be completed from start to end in it's current state. Not even on normal hardware cause memory leaks are happening there too.
I don't have any issues on Switch. Already in CH 3 and 12 hours on time counter.

GBJark324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a pic where I am getting frame rates drops using the high res config. This is in Chapter 2. This is Yuzu with OpenGL.

EDIT: Geforce 3080 and 12900k

Attachments

• frame rate.png
    frame rate.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 47

wielku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yup without mods it runs really great on switch, and 60 fps mod is kinda ok you just have to change in edizon to 30 fps to progress cutscenes or just skip them, even though it mostly runs at like 45 fps

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here's my config. Just a resolution bump without any fluff.

What's changed:
- All resolution settings changed to 4. Game has a certain limit, possibly 2.5, after which resolution doesn't increase so 4 should push it to maximum.
- Dynamic resolution disabled.
- ColReduction, which conflicts with resolution settings, is disabled. I don't know what this option does and what are side effects of disabling it.
Game doesn't launch on switch with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...