ROM Hack RELEASE Arcade Archives DONKEY KONG - No network patch

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Arcade Archives and ACA Neo Geo games all use this same ranking code that I've found the patches for. I'm thinking of gradually working on a collection of patches for at least whichever ones crash without aeroplane mode, but it's a long list to work through, if anyone has specific requests let me know.
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr
City Connection

Please? Thanks!

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr
City Connection

Please? Thanks!
Donkey Kong Jr doesn't crash for me on startup like Donkey Kong and some others I've tried, and it doesn't complain about aeroplane mode either. The only crash I could get was if I said yes to uploading a new high score. Still, I took a look at it, and did the first patch for it. The code has changed enough that I haven't yet found a patch to disable the popup asking to upload a new high score, but this patch stops it from crashing if you say yes (it just asks again until you say no), and maybe it'll help with any other problems you're having with it that I'm not. I might have another look for the second patch another time, and will check the other games too.

It's for v65536 of the game, unzip & put DonkeyKongJrNoNet folder into /atmosphere/exefs_patches.

Attachments

• DonkeyKongJrNoNet.zip
    473 bytes · Views: 74
Reactions: Reynardine

JankePanke

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Donkey Kong Jr doesn't crash for me on startup like Donkey Kong and some others I've tried, and it doesn't complain about aeroplane mode either. The only crash I could get was if I said yes to uploading a new high score. Still, I took a look at it, and did the first patch for it. The code has changed enough that I haven't yet found a patch to disable the popup asking to upload a new high score, but this patch stops it from crashing if you say yes (it just asks again until you say no), and maybe it'll help with any other problems you're having with it that I'm not. I might have another look for the second patch another time, and will check the other games too.

It's for v65536 of the game, unzip & put DonkeyKongJrNoNet folder into /atmosphere/exefs_patches.

Of the games I have, only AA Super Punch Out seems to work fully without any problem without a patch. AA VS SUPER MARIO BROS and ACA Neo Geo - Neo Turf Masters give error but seem to work any way if you just click OK. If you still are doing these patches, it would be awesome if you could patch the following tho:

Arcade Archives - Track & Field
Arcade Archives - Gradius

Last edited by JankePanke,

War Destroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A universal patch for all effected arcade archives would be ideal. Having to turn on airplane mode on a docked switch is a pain.

arcade archives - Bubble Bobble
arcade archives - metal slug
arcade archives - vs super mario bros
arcade archives - frogger
arcade archives - ninja spirit
arcade archives - super pacman
arcade archives - bubble bobble
arcade archives - ninja gaiden
arcade archives - pooyan
arcade archives - moon patrol
arcade archives - sunset riders
arcade archives - vs castlevania