Hacking ARC1.1B or ARCmod5

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and it can install korean support on your wii, which is then overwritten if you install cIOScorp...

PS: korean disc support does not break wad installs in the ARC mod05, just checked.
that problem existed when you could install IOS249 for korean discs, also by qleap, and was only a problem with wad managers that used 249 (1.2+), wad manager 1.1 still installs wads fine with that cIOS, as well as with ARC mod05 fully installed.

...but cIOScorp still overwrites it, unless someone wants to fix that in cIOScorp.

Littlegreenmen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
why would you need korean disc support?
Also does ARCM5 give you RF channels or just discs
cheers for previous info, im going to use ARCM5 as sounds like it has more features over ARC1.1B

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does, it IS ARC1.1b, just with the extra features, far improved even over starfall...Id say i do believe it does include that the channels is part of the package...

and korean disc support is important, because they are special discs from the rest of the world discs, so some people would want that, thats why :-)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are no korean-specific games I believe...so yes, as of this point, it would only be useful really to korean speakers wanting to play in their native language on another system.

Littlegreenmen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats on the korean discs is it just games that have not beeb released outside. why cant region free work for korean discs
i must be thick i dont get the korean disc stuff so will stay away from it

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
korean games are signed with a different encryption key from the rest of the world, which means they will actually freeze the wii as the structure is recognized but the disc cant be read on any wii without the key...korean wii's have both keys, all other wiis only have the non-korean key.

Dack made an app, gave me a beta, and it successfully (and easily) resigned a kor game with the regular key, so special things like qleaps stuff wouldnt be needed, but he seems to maybe have forgotten he wanted to release it? lol.

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To block out game content that the goverment feels the public shouldnt see.
Whats funny is you would think that China would do the same thing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: