Question APX Device Driver Missing, Even after saying it's finished installing.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by WaitWhatBro, Sep 27, 2018.

1. WaitWhatBro
    OP

WaitWhatBro GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    Running Windows 10 64bit
    Running TegraRcmGUI_v2.4_portable as Admin
    I'm trying to load the switch into RCM but with no luck at all and the GUI isnt detecting the RCM either
    I've used zadig-2.4 to install libusbk 3.0.7.0 with Nintendo Switch Selected
    Device Manager doesn't even list APX at all, just switch when it's plugged in.

Edit:
    Friend's doing me a solid and hard modding my switch with a chip and making so the dongle and such isn't needed.
    Thanks for the help everyone!

Last edited by WaitWhatBro, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Flabou

Flabou Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2018
    Finland
    You could try to disable driver signature on your windows, then try again.

3. WaitWhatBro
    OP

Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    No luck, every time I click it. It says no APX device driver found.

Also now the SD card isn't being detected in the switch, sigh....

4. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

No I'm not been sarcastic, I've had this fix driver issues for me before

5. WaitWhatBro
    OP

Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    of course. no luck still

6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Do you have an android phone or another PC to try?

7. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Are you sure you're entering RCM?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The same thing happened to me right around the time TegraRCMSmash came out. As you can see in this post, I was suffering from the exact same issue as OP. However as you can also see 2 posts below, my problem mysteriously went away just as it appeared. You just have to keep trying to install the APX drivers until it works. I suggest experimenting with other USB ports, computers, as well as restarting any of the PCs.

Last edited by Draxzelex, Sep 29, 2018
  9. kkcheong

kkcheong GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    buy USB injector to prevent headache.

DollyWhipDoll likes this.
  10. DollyWhipDoll

DollyWhipDoll Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)

May 18, 2018
    United States
    If you set it up on another computer, for some reason, that might be why.

Originally, I was using the Zadig/TegraRCMSmash {non-GUI} on my desktop. For like a month or so, then I switched to my laptop. When I tried it from my desktop, again, nothing happened {as in, I couldn't use it to inject payloads like before}. Tried over and over with all the same downloads. I use a Trinket M0 dongle, now.

Last edited by DollyWhipDoll, Sep 29, 2018 - Reason: clarification
  11. WaitWhatBro
    OP

Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    Am not to sure, I did the thing with the right joycon with a friend who 3d Printed me a slider... which I've already lost. lol

I tried all my USB ports, I've noticed that it says its installed and I can even uninstall the driver from my driver selection but APX isn't showing up at all.

Nope. Not another computer
    Can you linked me where I can get this, might consider it.

Which is the most user friendly for someone who's extracting their owned games onto their sd card and wanting to just edit their game saves as well. Don't care for emulators and such.

Though a new issue has arises, my micro sd 256gb card is no longer being detected by the switch but it is on pc and my other pc. Strange thing is, my other switch said it needed a update to read the card but am not getting that prompt with the other one. Both switches are at 6.0(latest update)

Last edited by WaitWhatBro, Sep 29, 2018
  12. DollyWhipDoll

May 18, 2018
    United States
    At this point, it's cheaper, easier, and faster to just buy a dongle with jig. I started gathering stuff for that Trinket M0 dongle just before the cheap dongles started becoming a craze. Probably wouldn't have started, otherwise.

NS-Atmosphere is the most popular. You can find some YouTube videos of it, too. Around $14-15 on AliExpress {$17 or so on eBay...search 'NS Atmosphere', 'rcm dongle', or ReiNX}. Cheapest is RCMloader dongle+jig by Xkit at $10 but no reviews, yet.

NS-Atmosphere sounds like it could be for you https://gbatemp.net/threads/ns-atmosphere-payload-injector-overview.516520/ Easiest choice since it has the most sales and many like it. Plus, the jig has a built-in slot on the dongle.

13. DollyWhipDoll

May 18, 2018
    United States
  14. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    I know this is unnesccesary but maybe try in unsigned driver mode, in windows 10 you'll need to advanced reboot and choose option 7, (gonna have to read up on it, it's like booting to safe mode but a different option), that might fix it, it also could be a driver conflict.... That's harder to fix, but you'd need to uninstall unessesary drivers. If it gets to tough your options then might be to reinstall Windows (might not work depending on the driver that's having the conflict), or using your phone (if possible), or getting a dongle.

Edit: Be sure you test all your usb ports especially the front/back ones.

15. WaitWhatBro
    OP

Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    So gonna close up this thread, friend did me a solid and is gonna be hard modding it for free. So the dongle and all that wont be required.

Thanks everyone for the help and info!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted