Status
Not open for further replies.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
theman69 said:
CAN'T YOU SEEE THIS IS THE REAL JOKE IT'S APRIL FIRST!!!

OH NO, SOMEONE FOUND OUT.

Yeah, the ads will be back in a couple of hours.

guess who was the evil CNET_Peter
ohmy.gif

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF haha that was so perfecty made, when I saw the main mage today my stomach felt like when you go over a big hill in a car. Idk that was the best april fools joke yet. Words cant explain. But what about all that down time? what was that caused from then?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
CheatingSoi said:
WTF haha that was so perfecty made, when I saw the main mage today my stomach felt like when you go over a big hill in a car. Idk that was the best april fools joke yet. Words cant explain. But what about all that down time? what was that caused from then?

this month we had 2 down times:
- first time we got hacked by a script kiddie, who fortunately did not delete anything (well, almost...) I had to turn off the forums to find out what the problem was.
- second time, the (linux/debian) OS completely crashed on us, the server would not reboot at all. I had to backup all the files, format the hard drive and reinstall the OS and configure the system again, in less than 12 hours
tongue.gif

Salamantis: yep.

And yeah a lot of people did indeed fall for it. Even the haters (yes Urza if you read this, this is for you
tongue.gif
)
Even the long time members: Kivan, Hunter, ...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether you'd like to say you "got me" or not is up to you. I just stated MY thoughts in any reply I made regarding it all.

D

Deleted User

lol it took too long to reveil mustve spanned all time zones of april 1st... aka milked it.
nice one i guess.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
CheatingSoi said:

this month we had 2 down times:
- first time we got hacked by a script kiddie, who fortunately did not delete anything (well, almost...) I had to turn off the forums to find out what the problem was.
- second time, the (linux/debian) OS completely crashed on us, the server would not reboot at all. I had to backup all the files, format the hard drive and reinstall the OS and configure the system again, in less than 12 hours
tongue.gif

Salamantis: yep.

And yeah a lot of people did indeed fall for it. Even the haters (yes Urza if you read this, this is for you
tongue.gif
)
Even the long time members: Kivan, Hunter, ...

well pretty good timing for your april fools then

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Never got me, it was too coincidental. And I have a stern belief to ignore everything on the internet till the next day. This year you guys did a good job, it was believable and not at the same time (I lol'd at the gamespot logo). Also helped weed out all the whiners.

Good job GBATemp staff - This is why I love this site.

P.S.: I'm eagerly waiting for next year now.

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, ok, second best only to the Zelda Movie trailer. But what I want to know is where is my WARNING BLUE LANGUAGE
Motherfucking son-of-a-bitch damned piece-of-monkey shit douchebag nut sucking ass raping cunt-sniffing cock-stroking tit-jiggling ass-spanking monkey-spanking C-Net
R4 update
nyanya.gif

(Just checking to see if swearing was back)

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
See, mods "quitting" was a way for them to assume these CNET people without difficulty. >_>

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Soo... how many of us actually fell for this April fools?
I admit, it was pretty funny and well thought out
happy.gif

...But imagine if GBATemp REALLY was bought by CNet...
unsure.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have a problem this time. Now april fool day didnt fool me anymore. Not this year. I am pay attention now, haha. I won.

S

spectral

A nice joke but far far too obvious. Do one in July or something, that'll get 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: