CO55Y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,

I've used AppToUsb a few times in the past, and every thing has worked fine.
However, there are certain games that it just completely skips over.
I've got the ini file set up to move the games rather than ignore them, but I've made sure that the game ID is correct for the games I'm trying to move.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had this problem in the past, and if they managed to fix it.
Alternatively, does anybody know if it's possible to manually create the link files and copy them to the PS4 via ftp, or something similar?

Cheers.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the said games already on your external HDD? Thats the only thing I can think of why it would skip games aside from wrong ID's. If you still had the pkgs of those game on the root of the drive
it will just move them to the PS4 folder even tho it says it skipped them on screen b/c theres no need for it to copy from the internal.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

CO55Y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've manually moved the pkg into the appropriate folder, within the 'PS4' folder on the external hdd.
I've done this in the past, and the games have worked fine.

I should have clarified what I meant by 'skipping' in my original post.
In the past, I've moved the pkg files to the correct folder, and then AppToUsb will something like "found xxx.pkg, skipping", and everything works like it is supposed to.
However, in the cases where I'm having problems, it doesn't even acknowledge the pkg files. It just shows the warning about "this will modify the file system", and then a short pause, and then it says "complete", but it won't have actually done anything.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've manually moved the pkg into the appropriate folder, within the 'PS4' folder on the external hdd.
I've done this in the past, and the games have worked fine.

I should have clarified what I meant by 'skipping' in my original post.
In the past, I've moved the pkg files to the correct folder, and then AppToUsb will something like "found xxx.pkg, skipping", and everything works like it is supposed to.
However, in the cases where I'm having problems, it doesn't even acknowledge the pkg files. It just shows the warning about "this will modify the file system", and then a short pause, and then it says "complete", but it won't have actually done anything.
hmm thats strange if the ID's are truly correct then I have no clue why it wont move them. It has moved all 295 ps4 games for me tho someone had a similar issue with God of War not moving. I couldn't help him either b/c that game moved over for me as well. I wonder if AppToUsb has an update patch or something

Reactions: CO55Y

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
why use apptousb when the newest Hen 1.7 has external HDD support for FPKG, just use the PS4 system menu>storage and transfer the games to HDD. No need to run a payload everytime you install something.

Fever86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had an issue where it would give me the warnings to about modifying the file system and then not do anything further.

For some reason it had created a new folder for a previously installed PKG (Kingdom Hearts 2.8) and there were a few corrupt files inside that couldn't be deleted from the HDD. I transferred everything to a new drive (except for the corrupt folder) and everything is working again.

Might be worth checking the last created folder on the HDD just in case it's a similar issue.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an issue where it would give me the warnings to about modifying the file system and then not do anything further.

For some reason it had created a new folder for a previously installed PKG (Kingdom Hearts 2.8) and there were a few corrupt files inside that couldn't be deleted from the HDD. I transferred everything to a new drive (except for the corrupt folder) and everything is working again.

Might be worth checking the last created folder on the HDD just in case it's a similar issue.

Check the CUSA# and the config file.

CO55Y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
which pkg files are being skipped over just curiously?

Two that I'm having problems with are Infamous: Second Son (CUSA00004), and Horizon: Zero Dawn (CUSA01021).
Strangely, it will move the infamous update pkg, but not the main game pkg.

why use apptousb when the newest Hen 1.7 has external HDD support for FPKG, just use the PS4 system menu>storage and transfer the games to HDD. No need to run a payload everytime you install something.

I just use the 1 hdd with my PS4, so it's easier for me to just have it formatted to exFAT, so that I can install pkg's from it, and then also use AppToUsb to free up internal space when needed.

That's interesting. How did you know which files were corrupt? I can't see anything out of the ordinary.
Also, I've managed to move some games since having problems with these ones, so AppToUsb seems to work some of the time.

Check the CUSA# and the config file.

The games are ripped from my own discs, so I used the CUSA number which was on the box, but I've also double checked the number with pkgviewer, and it matches what I've got in the ini file.

AppToUsb creates the txt file and the png files in the correct folder, but doesn't seem to link the pkg file.
Do anyone know if it's possible to manually create the symlinks?
I've read there's a way to edit the app.db file to change the file path of an installed game, but apparently, if the PS4 rebuilds the database, this might need re-doing, whereas symlinks wouldn't.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two that I'm having problems with are Infamous: Second Son (CUSA00004), and Horizon: Zero Dawn (CUSA01021).
Strangely, it will move the infamous update pkg, but not the main game pkg.

I just use the 1 hdd with my PS4, so it's easier for me to just have it formatted to exFAT, so that I can install pkg's from it, and then also use AppToUsb to free up internal space when needed.

That's interesting. How did you know which files were corrupt? I can't see anything out of the ordinary.
Also, I've managed to move some games since having problems with these ones, so AppToUsb seems to work some of the time.

The games are ripped from my own discs, so I used the CUSA number which was on the box, but I've also double checked the number with pkgviewer, and it matches what I've got in the ini file.

AppToUsb creates the txt file and the png files in the correct folder, but doesn't seem to link the pkg file.
Do anyone know if it's possible to manually create the symlinks?
I've read there's a way to edit the app.db file to change the file path of an installed game, but apparently, if the PS4 rebuilds the database, this might need re-doing, whereas symlinks wouldn't.

You have them installed first?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, they're installed on the internal hdd and work fine.

I've used AppToUsb several times in the past, but it's only recently that I've had these problems.

Cheers.

Problem might be the drive, check it health with like Crystal disk info. If drive is healthy I'm not sure. Unless the CUSAXXXXX info in the param.sfo is off. Worse case if the drive is working fine and in good health, just download someone else package online, don't asks for link to them here on the forum.

CO55Y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Problem might be the drive, check it health with like Crystal disk info. If drive is healthy I'm not sure. Unless the CUSAXXXXX info in the param.sfo is off. Worse case if the drive is working fine and in good health, just download someone else package online, don't asks for link to them here on the forum.

I've checked the drive with crystal disk info, and the health status is good.
One thing that occurred to me is that I made these packages modifiable so that I could add the keystone and use my original saves. Could this have anything to do with it?
I can't really see how it would, but maybe AppToUsb has problems with modifiable packages.
Thanks.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've checked the drive with crystal disk info, and the health status is good.
One thing that occurred to me is that I made these packages modifiable so that I could add the keystone and use my original saves. Could this have anything to do with it?
I can't really see how it would, but maybe AppToUsb has problems with modifiable packages.
Thanks.

Not sure, but I originally thought you might have gotten the wrong CUSA#, it wouldn't move anything if the CUSA# isn't on the list. Have you check if other games would move?

CO55Y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure, but I originally thought you might have gotten the wrong CUSA#, it wouldn't move anything if the CUSA# isn't on the list. Have you check if other games would move?

Yeah, I've used it in the past quite a bit, and I've literally just used it again a few minutes ago to move a standard pkg file (non-modifiable), and it worked fine.
I can guarantee that the CUSA numbers are correct with the other pkg files, so I think it must be something to do with them being modifiable pkg files. Maybe AppToUsb doesn't recognise them as valid files?
Thanks

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I've used it in the past quite a bit, and I've literally just used it again a few minutes ago to move a standard pkg file (non-modifiable), and it worked fine.
I can guarantee that the CUSA numbers are correct with the other pkg files, so I think it must be something to do with them being modifiable pkg files. Maybe AppToUsb doesn't recognise them as valid files?
Thanks

see if this moves the mod pkg files

https://github.com/stooged/AppToUsb-50X/releases/tag/v4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks