Gaming Apple rip-off

euanadixon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my ipod classic died on me a few days back, I was quite gutted because it is never out my ears, anyway i phoned up apple and told them, they said it would cost £90 to repair
£90!!!!!!! like wtf a replacement ipod classic 80g is only about £120 apple sucks for shit like that
However i got an ipod touch, what can i say? there is virtually no competition for apple when it comes to mp3 players
anyone had a similar run in with apple?

euanadixon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for the arsehole who thinks i am retarded let me clear this up, what i meant was the ipod has the app store and several other distinctive features which in my op makes it unrivaled in the market so don't reply on this thread if you're going to be a dickhead like tumbledrylow up there

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've always been an apple nay-sayer... especially those damn ipod "all looks, no functionality"...
I've listened to some friends ipods and they never sounded that good, lame sound quality..

Boy, I was wrong.
I got interested in the ipod touch when a friend had it when it was new, took a listen to it, and it was just as good, or maybe even better than the iRiver I previously had...
so I got one when the 2G's came out, and I'm satisfied to bits and pieces with it. The sound quality is superb!

The thing I'd choose from besides an ipod touch, is an iRiver... though I don't know the quality of all of them... (i had the e10 or whatever it was called)

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
euanadixon said:
so what would you all regard as ipod competition?

pretty much any phone/pda that runs android/windows mobile/symbian/prettymuchanyotheroperatingsystemdatingbacktopalmOS.

the Ipod touch is just a bloody PDA that plays music....

Ipods suck pretty badly, they don't support decent quality audio formats, and the app store is locked down and filtered like mad. and the lack of background application support is just laughable.

edit: just to note, I am typing this on my macbook pro, so I am not apple hater.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte