Hacking Apparently, somebody Decrypted a PKG

• Thread starter Deleted-394630
  • Start date
  • Views 31,982
  • Replies 130
D

Deleted-394630

OP
Someone allegedly released a .vpk file of official game Tokyo Xanadu, decrypted. A download link for the Japanese version of the game appeared on Chinese forums a few hours ago, and apparently the game runs on Hacked Vitas through HENkaku.

I cannot link to this for many reasons, but the original link was taken down surprisingly fast. So, I cant find it even if I wanted to.:(

This may just be another DevKit Leak, like adventure Time. But it's cool nonetheless.

Source: http://wololo.net/2016/08/21/ps-vita-piracy-getting-closer-just-another-leak/

Last edited by ,

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe one day the link will come back up! But its probably fake..
It's not. Running it on my Vita right now.

The only weird thing is that it has to be extracted to the folder instead of installed using MolecularShell, probably because MS gives you an error on large files.

nxtgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not. Running it on my Vita right now.

The only weird thing is that it has to be extracted to the folder instead of installed using MolecularShell, probably because MS gives you an error on large files.

Could someone who got it working give me a English tutorial

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you install a VPK which created the program on desktop
then you move files in the rar to ux0: app (gameid) for the gamedata
boot up the game.

Updating the game will make it not bootable anymore because the .vpk content gets updated.

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a devkit leak. The fact that you have to do stuff with the ZIP is quite telling.
Here come the pessimists.

I've read the Chinese forum from which the vpk originated; A lot of the users believe it not to be a dev-leak, but instead an end-user solution. Besides, statistically, what are the chances of a developer leak of a high profile Japanese game appearing on the Internet? The odds are incredibly in the favor of it being an end-user solution.

We'll just have to wait and see though. I think it's clear from my post which side I'm betting on.

Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's a devkit leak. The fact that you have to do stuff with the ZIP is quite telling.
Has anyone really tested MolecularShell with other files over 2GB?

It has two .vpk files. One of them will install properly, but does not contain the full game data (the Chinese original poster claims it to be the filesize's fault), and the second one is supposed to be just extracted to the folder created by the first one because it adds the data.

I don't think being a devkit leak has anything to do with the vpk installation process. Besides, if they CAN make a vpk for just the eboot and metadata, they can make a vpk for the whole game as well (assuming MS works with large files well).

Zeroba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't Vitashell 0.7 supposed to be able to handle larger filesizes? Which is what Henkaku installs now?
Or is that still way too big?

rinoa123

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Already running this game on my PSV.
The leaker said he decrypted the game from a cart. And the original poster did said someting about releasing the decrypt tools and tutorial sometime.
But now the original post has been delected and I wonder if he/she will still release the decrypt tool.
For those who wonder how to install the game.Simply you got two vpks and first install the smaller one xanado0.vpk through MS or Vitashell,then rename the larger xanado.vpk to xanado.zip and extract it,uplaod all the extracted files into ux0:app/PCSG00608.and you get it.

tuxdude143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well if this turns out to be real I'll know who to blame when third party devs inevitably drop support for the vita like a rock.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well if this turns out to be real I'll know who to blame when third party devs inevitably drop support for the vita like a rock.

Yes, because Vita support so far has been excellent, right?
Anywho, at most we'll miss a few indies, God knows we have enough of them already on the Vita.
At least now we can be assured that there won't be unboxed Vitas lying around in stores waiting to be adopted like orphans.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1