• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a little Palico Skills/Action Generator based of selected RNG for skills/actions for people that don't really know how to determine what skills/actions go where according to the RNG.

Actions/Skills that are autopicked at start means it's necessary to be there for the specific palico, slots with "---" means it's a wildcard, you can pick any skills for that slot although I didn't list it in the generator. For ones with "NULL", well you should leave them as NULL in the save editor.

Also, if you don't have a DLC cat, don't try to put in the DLC skills in the save editor since it pretty much won't work.
Minor error I found in this tool, @ukee
DLC skills are always in slot 3 on DLC palicos. It also appears that you cant have a DLC palico with a RNG value for a group 1 or 3 skill in the first non-forte-specific slot. There also can never be more than one DLC skill on a palico (not including a DLC skill as a learned skill) legitimately. In any case, it still appears all DLC skills are group 2 skills.

Also, with Charisma cats, the action RNG 50A (possibly others too) actually gives you a total of '9' to work with as well (becomes 3,2,1,1,1,1 instead of just 3,2,1,1,1. I just confirmed this with a charisma palico I hired for testing purposes)

Last edited by iSharingan,

throwawaylupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sweet, you got it, and thanks for showing how to get the other 2 rewards! I'll try to find how to find the Pokke one as well. I think I know where to generally look for it. There are icons for each village for the quest. Village requests are ones with the message icon on the right of the quest title box. Pokke is the grey circle icon! It's this symbol here.

I got the Pokke one! I got it after clearing the Guild 3 "Fro Shizzle" quest. Weird thing to note: I did roughly 15 other quests, all with the Pokke village icon in both village and hub, but only this one worked. Hope you can get it too!

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last update on Palicos: Only the last null slot, the forte-specific slot(s) and the RNG pattern slots are checked on palicos for both Skills and Support Abilities. You can slap in literally any skill/ability in every slot starting with the learned slot (the learned slot cant have the first forte-specific abilities, however) as long as you leave the last slot null. Skills in the extra slots can be equipped/removed at will, however extra abilities must be added via the editor, but will bot be removed.

NOTE: This only applies to the learned skill/ability lists (not the equipped list for skills) You still have to obey memory restrictions on skills and you cant use the last slot in equipped abilities (and, again, you must manually assign any extra abilities you added to the learned list if you want them equipped)

Also, Everything must be valid except what you put in the 'null' slots (bar the last null slot on each, ofc.). When given out, the learned/null slot skills and abilities will NOT be on the given palico for the recipient, so it will be 'revert' to being legal (ofc, equipped skills and non-forte-specific abilities will disappear for the recipient, anyway)

Now excuse me while I make the most broken Charisma palico you'll ever see...

Last edited by iSharingan,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here is the result of said skill/ability abuse. Behold, my masterpiece (attached file)
No armor is equipped and weapon is set to slot 1 for ease of importing

Attachments

• The Ultimate Palico.zip
    264 bytes · Views: 5,301
Reactions: Serath and PureFury

PureFury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the Pokke one! I got it after clearing the Guild 3 "Fro Shizzle" quest. Weird thing to note: I did roughly 15 other quests, all with the Pokke village icon in both village and hub, but only this one worked. Hope you can get it too!

Sadly, not it hasn't worked for me...I'll keep doing those Pokke quests and see which ones which, i'll update!

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, not it hasn't worked for me...I'll keep doing those Pokke quests and see which ones which, i'll update!
getting the village reward achievements for the guild card is based on your points for helping that town - not by completing specific quests (I know bc I maxed out my points via editor and got those awards upon completing the first request from each village). Cap for each is 10000 points (you will get high enough to earn the achivements by doing enough of the towns' requests, anyway,but modifying the points gets you them faster).

Also @APM: A bug in the editor

When copying equipment in box 2, the coppied item comes from the same slot but box 1. I tried copying a CB in box 2 slot 1 and it copied the head armor from box 1 slot 1 instead (same thing happened when copying the empty slot 1 of box 3)

PureFury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getting the village reward achievements for the guild card is based on your points for helping that town - not by completing specific quests (I know bc I maxed out my points via editor and got those awards upon completing the first request from each village). Cap for each is 10000 points (you will get high enough to earn the achivements by doing enough of the towns' requests, anyway,but modifying the points gets you them faster).

Wow, that worked I just added 9999 Pokke points and did a random pokke harvets quest and it worked! How i found out about it was way harder xD. I had to do the Out of the Fry Pan, and that quest was insane. Thanks for the info Sharingan!

CommutePlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaah I lost my N3DS today on my train journey to work. My precious 500+ hours QQ

I just found this site and got homebrew to successfully work on my old 3ds. Sadly the save editor isn't able to trace me back to my latest progress and redoing all them village requests would probably burn me out.
Is anyone willing to upload their savefile if they have village and hub complete?

Thanks

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also @APM: A bug in the editor

When copying equipment in box 2, the coppied item comes from the same slot but box 1. I tried copying a CB in box 2 slot 1 and it copied the head armor from box 1 slot 1 instead (same thing happened when copying the empty slot 1 of box 3)
Ah, I'll fix that next update

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Minor error I found in this tool, @ukee
DLC skills are always in slot 3 on DLC palicos. It also appears that you cant have a DLC palico with a RNG value for a group 1 or 3 skill in the first non-forte-specific slot. There also can never be more than one DLC skill on a palico (not including a DLC skill as a learned skill) legitimately. In any case, it still appears all DLC skills are group 2 skills.

Also, with Charisma cats, the action RNG 50A (possibly others too) actually gives you a total of '9' to work with as well (becomes 3,2,1,1,1,1 instead of just 3,2,1,1,1. I just confirmed this with a charisma palico I hired for testing purposes)
Ah okay, I wanted to ask you if you ever completed testing all the DLC skills but I didn't really have the time to work on the generator.
I'll try to come up with something along the lines of what you just mentioned.

So basically:
All DLC skills are group 2 skills and DLC Palicoes can only have 1 DLC skill legitimately and they are always on the third slot. But what do you mean with the RNG and group 1/3?
Also, can DLC cats have their skills on other group values other than 2 and equip them on quests or will they just be removed?

For Charisma cats, 50A is actually 3,2,1,1,1,1 instead of the 3,2,1,1,1. Have you tested any other RNG for Charisma cats?

Last edited by ukee,

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update: v0.14
What's new:
-More minor text fixes
-You can now check if the Palico is a DLC
-You can now edit the Palico's Design
Special Thanks to @iSharingan for the palico design offsets

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay, I wanted to ask you if you ever completed testing all the DLC skills but I didn't really have the time to work on the generator.
I'll try to come up with something along the lines of what you just mentioned.

So basically:
All DLC skills are group 2 skills and DLC Palicoes can only have 1 DLC skill legitimately and they are always on the third slot. But what do you mean with the RNG and group 1/3?
Also, can DLC cats have their skills on other group values other than 2 and equip them on quests or will they just be removed?
Palicos with a skill RNG of 000B or 0409/higher were not passing as legal in-game (skills were removed in every case). The only valid skill RNG values for DLC palicos seem to be 0109, 0208, and 0307 (all of which have a 'group 2' skill in the first slot of the pattern). The only other valid location for a DLC skill is the learned skill slot (though the game apparently doesnt check any slots after the learned slot for validity - just dont put a skill in the very last slot as that crashes the game when you view the cats summary. @APM you might want to remove the last slot from the learned & equipped skills/actions as all of those crash the game when not nulled out)

For Charisma cats, 50A is actually 3,2,1,1,1,1 instead of the 3,2,1,1,1. Have you tested any other RNG for Charisma cats?
Well that was just the RNG value/pattern I got when I hired a game-generated cat to test with. I'm guessing Charisma cats all get 9 'points' to work with regardless of the RNG value (it probably just tacks a '1' slot to the end of each pattern). The easy way to check for that is to set the scouting parameters to Charisma cats and just calculate each's skill pattern/RNG. It'll be obvious if they're all adding up to 9 instead of 8.

this still work for use In-Game ?

http://prntscr.com/c3chw1
yes it will. It's showing as invalid bc (1) APM's checker checks the null slots whereas the game doesnt and (2)it is marked as a DLC palico and has a DLC skill in slot 3. As far as the game checks, it's valid (albeit highly edited and literally impossible to obtain normally even if it without the DLC skill/etc. due to the skills/abilities in the null slots)

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woops small update v0.14b
What's new:
-Fixed a small problem with the DLC Toggling
-Fixed a small bug with the Copying an equipment, it would copy a different boxes equipment

Last edited by APM,

ukee

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Okay, made the changes on the new generator.

Changelog:
- Added extra group 1 skills to Charisma cats with 040B and 050A, should add up to 9 instead of 8 now
- More DLC skills added, supposedly all of them are group 2 skills as @iSharingan mentioned
- Fixed DLC skills to only slot 3 now

As always leave NULL as null in the editor and you can put any(?) skills in the "----" slot.

Attachments

• PalicoGenerator.rar
    53.1 KB · Views: 537
D

Deleted User

Just want to say that I really appreciate you guys all doing this and it's awesome, but I'd just like to know, is there any way I can post a different system save to another one, except as Player 2? Like, if I had a system file with my main character, but then I had another system file with a different save file which is way better than mine, but I'd have to export and import them over and over just to switch files, if I'd be able to just make the other system file as my main file's player 2? Or is that not possible?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As always leave NULL as null in the editor and you can put any(?) skills in the "----" slot.
Correct. Keep in mind all but the Forte-exclusive abilities (Palico Rally, Furr-ious, Taunt, Poison Purr-ison, True Health Horn, Mega Barrel Bombay, and Plunderang) abide by the same rules.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ehh that's a perfect charisma cat?.. not sure if that's the correct build
I only did charisma for the extra action slot and balanced gauge gain rate. Even if it doesnt parallel the 'best' legal charisma cat, it's still far superior due to (1) Worlds Strongest+Last Stand and (2) access to every good support action - which 'normal' charisma cats can never achieve due to the inherent limitations of the 1 learnable slot/normal action distribution. There are technically illegal abilities on it: they're just in places that the game doesn't check, thus the palico is still treated as valid by the game. I'm currently testing other support bais versions to see if there's a more ideal forte (I suspect Bombing or Support biases might help build gauge faster - though the latter takes a 30 point hit to its attack stats at level 50 vs Fighting) since with this exploit normal skill/action limitations are irrelevant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer