• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Vithimiris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or people could simply answer my question and stop with the nonsense. It's really not hard to do. If I understand what I did wrong, then I can fix it for the future when I get better at modding the game. I don't see what's so hard about that.

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you could just read the guide, it's linked on the First Post in the FAQs section and has been linked to you multiple times. If you actually read it you can't screw it up, skimming doesn't count and being disrespectful to APM who wrote the program isn't going to get you anywhere especially since he/she has answered this question like a million times and provided the resources to correct it. And here it is again: https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-21
All you have to do is read the guide then look at where your mistakes are, it's literally right there. APM even answered the question as to why its wrong already: "The one that begins with "Skill 1 will always be the corresponding skill depending on the Support Bias of the Palico. These are not teachable to other Palicoes"

and ends with "Soothing Roll""

To further clarify your Palico's Actions have to be (assuming it is an assist Palico based on YOUR screenshot):

1) Poison Purr-ison
2) Emergency Retreat OR Cheer Horn (NOT BOTH)
3) Mini Barrel Bombay
4) Herb Horn
5) ...

Your dam action setup is completely invalid you only have two actions selected which are Vase of Vitality and Detox Horn both are values of 2 which only gives you a total of 4 you need 8. Did you even read the guide?

EDIT: Furthermore your Learn Action RNG is: 050A which corresponds with 32111

Last edited by Knitten,
Reactions: APM

Vithimiris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. You did what I asked, that's all I needed to know. I can't convey my voice over text so I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. That's the problem with forums. You perceive things differently than they are originally intended. I simply fixed it with another Palico and moved on, but I will put this in my notepad for future use.

FATE4LIFE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
where do i equip a weapon to my palico ? i cant find it on the save editor options , when i try to equip a weapon on my palicos the game just crash

zaunza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do i equip a weapon to my palico ? i cant find it on the save editor options , when i try to equip a weapon on my palicos the game just crash
You have to forge the palico weapon and click "yes" when it gives you the option to equip it immediately.

Teacherman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
Is there a save editor that works for Mac (Macbook Air) ? If this was already mentioned on the board, my apologies. If there is a save editor, could somebody point me in the correct direction? Thank you in advance.

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
Is there a save editor that works for Mac (Macbook Air) ? If this was already mentioned on the board, my apologies. If there is a save editor, could somebody point me in the correct direction? Thank you in advance.

There is not a Mac version (because macs suck ;D ) but you can use Wine Bottler to open exe files on a Mac. Follow the guide here: http://www.wikihow.com/Open-Exe-Files-on-Mac

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the difference between system 1 and 2 again?
On both saves i already did the 7* urgent .
The system_1 was saved before talking to the guild manager so im HR 7 ( HR Locked )
The system_2 was saved after talking to the guild manager so im HR 10 ( HR unlocked)

Both files have 3 saves slots the 1st is my save that has the " bug" of HR locked has already the 7* Urgent and talked to the guild manager
The 2nd save just ignore it
The 3rd is the one for testing
Not sure this ever got resolved/fully explained.

The point was to find the exact flag for unlocking HR so it could be manually toggled on saves that should already have HR unlocked yet somehow got re-locked using another tool. the flag should be the only difference (aside form a minor change to play time/the higher HR) when comparing the slot 3 saves on each file.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure this ever got resolved/fully explained.

The point was to find the exact flag for unlocking HR so it could be manually toggled on saves that should already have HR unlocked yet somehow got re-locked using another tool. the flag should be the only difference (aside form a minor change to play time/the higher HR) when comparing the slot 3 saves on each file.
Not sure what's going on. I exported the flags of both of them and they don't seem to change

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh wait scratch that I think I got it?

@FATE4LIFE send me your latest save, and I'll try to see if this work

It's not possible at all for my editor to touch these offsets though

Last edited by APM,

FATE4LIFE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what's going on. I exported the flags of both of them and they don't seem to change

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh wait scratch that I think I got it?

like i said i start editing my save after my HR was unlocked and i dont know how get re-locked after playing a mision

thats why on my 3rd save slot i give u guys 2 files

system 1 after finish the 7* urgent and dont talk to the guild manager then export the file
system 2 after finish the 7* urgenet and now talked to the guild manager i get HR 10 just for doing the key quest

if u see on the char screen u can see your HR lv and the next HR points needed for the next level like this

HR 100 Next / 1089

on the 1st save slot it dont display that anymore like my limiter was never removed but i already did the 7* urgent and talked to the guild manager ( i was rank 31)

Last edited by FATE4LIFE,

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here, try this

odd... very odd

Now you have me kinda curious as to how/why exactly your editor can't touch the offset, tho
The editor only writes to certain offsets of the save. So lets say zenny is at save offset + 0x147A, it can only write to that offset

Attachments

• system.zip
    70.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by APM,

FATE4LIFE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here, try this

The editor only writes to certain offsets of the save. So lets say zenny is at save offset + 0x147A, it can only write to that offset

wow it works im not HR7 anymore and now displays the HR points needed for the next rank.

but how xD

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the flags for the HR points I guess. I seriously got no clue how you managed to do that.

ZonEnder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, fresh to trying to use the editor program and save file editing in general, I got the browserhax to work, I got the save file manger, and I can access the SD Card, I was able to manage that. I know asking questions on here one after the other is annoying so I am sorry in advance. Is there a guide I can be linked to or anything? I tried a few times my save is normal nothing new, do I need to decrypt and encrypt using python? I had saw that somewhere. Thank you and sorry in advance.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, fresh to trying to use the editor program and save file editing in general, I got the browserhax to work, I got the save file manger, and I can access the SD Card, I was able to manage that. I know asking questions on here one after the other is annoying so I am sorry in advance. Is there a guide I can be linked to or anything? I tried a few times my save is normal nothing new, do I need to decrypt and encrypt using python? I had saw that somewhere. Thank you and sorry in advance.
You don't need to decrypt or encrypt anything. Just use your save manager to export the save.

ZonEnder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to decrypt or encrypt anything. Just use your save manager to export the save.
export, as in after Ive made the changes I want, click save as? then save as an all file type? drop it in my SD card, then import the save using the browserhax?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. If you want to import it, click save (after you have made a back up copy of the save somewhere), then drag it back into the sd card then import it using a save manager

I think there's a guide under the FAQs. Just skip the OoThax part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~