Trophies
XP
Country
Here's what I have:

- JPN Wii running official Nintendo v3.2 update
- Wiikey modchip flashed with 1.9g
- Backups successfully running
- Homebrew channel installed

I'm pretty bored of having to try and work out the Japanese text on the console and I noticed that there's an app named AnyRegion which allows you to effectively change the region of your console permanently (unless you run the program again to change it to something else of course).

So, I'm thinking of changing from JPN to US, but would like to know what the official steps are with a modchip in the equation, specifically the Wiikey. Here's what I thought I'd have to do in the following order:

- Flash the Wiikey with 1.9s US (previously I'd used the 1.9 JPN disk)
- Run the Wiikey configuration disk and disable region overrides
- Run AnyRegion from the homebrew channel and change everything to US settings (area, NTSC etc)
- Maintain the existing 3.2U

Is this the correct sequence and am I missing anything else? Has anybody upgraded from JPN > US or JPN > UK successfully.

Any advice appreciated.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
i believe you have everything ready
smile.gif

Make sure you change everything to USA compatible like the wiishop etc, just follow the instructions then you'll be orite
smile.gif

HyperVisor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick response.

I've not used the Wiishop as yet. Where are the settings for changing stuff like that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k