Anyone watching Digimon Adventure Tri ?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Youkai, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Youkai
    OP

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Man I just saw at a streaming page that there are already 4 Episodes Translated,
    Thinking that this might be some bad rip off like all the later ones I still watched the first episode and after like 10 seconds I was completely in it already because they made the wise decision to reuse the old title and digitation songs (even though it seems to be a tiny little bit changed?? not sure as I hardly watched any Japanese Episodes of the 1st season)

Still I read many comments on that page from people loving it and saying it is just like in their childhood and such.

Actually I watched all 4 eps. in a row now and I feel like I am a little child again sitting in front of my TV and turning the Volume up and annoying my dad with it XD

Anyone else watched it yet and want to share his/her experience ?

I was a little bit unsure about the slightly changed drawing style but I don't really care, still feels just like the original Digmon ^^
    Only thing I wonder is when exactly this is supposed to play ? I'd say after Season 2 especially cuz Hikari already has her D2 Digivice ... so where are the others ? And well it is so long in the past that I am not sure anymore why they are actually able to do Ultimate evolution without their amulets ? I thought DNA Digitation was some kind of substitute for not being able to ultimate evolve anymore ?

well doesn't matter it is awesome and I would recommend anyone who has seen the first season in their childhood to watch this one :)

2. LegendaryFighter

LegendaryFighter GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    delete

3. Riyaz

Riyaz Black Ace/Red Joker

Jun 21, 2011
    Netherlands
    everywhere
    i watched it and it made me remember when i watched season 1 on tv so many years ago.

4. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Portugal
    Is it anything like the original series?

5. djalmafreestyler

djalmafreestyler GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2011
    Brazil
    I saw it today. I just didn't like that design, drawing style, but the episode was ok. Let's see how the story goes.

6. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    What episodes? They announced they were going to release a series of movies instead of episodes.

7. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    The first movie's been broken up into four episodes for streaming on Crunchyroll, same day as its Japanese release. Oddly enough I believe it's getting theatrical releases in Japan, not on DVD or anything until next month.

I haven't had a chance to watch yet (visiting family this week, slow wireless internet with a snowstorm slowing it down) but I did see a preview a few weeks ago. Looks like they're starting off by
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    so it's already pretty good in my book, although I'm sure it won't stick.

Last edited by FireEmblemGuy, Nov 21, 2015
  8. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    It doesn't feel like Digimon Adventure anymore..... :blink:

9. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    I watched all 4 episodes. It brings me nostalgia.

10. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Quick question, didn't season 3 state that the original 2 seasons were a TV show? Is that retconned? The first episode of season 3 when I heard that I turned off the series forever and got really sad as a kid.

11. porkiewpyne

porkiewpyne Report-er

Global Moderator
    Jun 8, 2008
    Australia
    I think that was more to show that they were in separate universes/realities rather than to denounce the existence of the first 2 season, if that makes any sense. In one of the later seasons of Digimon Xros Wars/Digimon Fusion, there was an episode whereby characters from the different seasons were summoned to help.

12. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Digimon existed as a franchise, like in the real world, although I don't remember if they explicitly said it included the Digimon Adventure seasons (I haven't watched the dub since it originally aired, either, but I could believe it being something added to the English dub). Either way, Adventure, Tamers, Frontier, Savers/Data Squad, and Xros Wars/Fusion are all separate canons and universes, none of which supercede each other as far as I'm aware.

13. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    There was an episode of Xros Wars/Fusion where they somehow (not too sure of the specifics, didn't see the whole episode) got the leaders from each series (so Tai, Davis/Daisuke, Takato, Takuya, Marcus/Masaru) to come help them out.