Anyone want to help me make a front page for French?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, school's just started again here and I need to make a nice front page for French. Problem is, I suck at those things...

If you want to help, what I'd like is the word Français with the Eiffel tower as the first a, and some typical French things in the background. Or if you have something better, post it here too.

I'll reward all of you who help by putting your name in a small note in my sig.

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
Well, I made something real quick, a starting point, but I'd like to make it a better. Does something like this fit your needs? (As a front page for your notebook...) P.S. Please view in full size, the scaling ruins the aspect of the image.

Untitled.png

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't seems bilingual to me, or at least I see french is not your mother tongue ^^
There is a French grammar mistake. (don't worry, english people are always making those mistakes)

Mystère is male not female, you could have chose "de le mystère", but "de le" doesn't exist either, so it's "du mystère".

edit :
And for the Typo : it's Année with 2 n

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks tj for that français with the Eiffel tower in it.
And yes, that's what I'd like upbumpo. The only 'complaint' I have is that you made a typo
tongue.gif
If you change that one, then it's perfect for me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, also change the grammar mistake Cyan pointed out
smile.gif

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
Cyan said:
You don't seems bilingual to me, or at least I see french is not your mother tongue ^^
There is a French grammar mistake. (don't worry, english people are always making those mistakes)

Mystère is male not female, you could have chose "de le mystère", but "de le" doesn't exist either, so it's "du mystère".

edit :
And for the Typo : it's Année with 2 n

I am bilingual, I made that in 5 minutes, and I know the "du" rule.

I live in Montpellier and have been going to French Schools for a long time, I know my grammar too.

Sorry if I made a mistake, but it was a rush job, but I've seen worse than that, most of them coming from my french peers.

Même si je suis pas d'origine française, je parle courramant le français!

Like I said, it is just a mock-up, not the final product in my eyes; I'll fix it as soon as I can.

EDIT: I'm uploading the updated image.

Merci quand même pour la correction, sinon, je l'aurais pas vu! On fait souvent des erreurs en travaillant trop vite, il vaut mieux prendre son temps pour ce genre de choses...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I would say french people make errors because grammar was learned very long ago (sometime not even learned at all) and they tend to write as they speak, as foreigners learning French have proper grammar lesson and don't know (yet?) bad language.

it wasn't an attack, just to point out the errors.

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
You're absolutely right. They do often write as they speak (i.e. "Je suis aller", au lieu de "allé". C'est l'erreur que je trouve le plus commun.) I in-fact learned french by making mistakes, it's how everybody learns.

I've updated the image from my previous post with the spelling fix, here it is again
Untitled.png

I overreact to many things, that happens to be one. My bad!

Christian

(P.S. The image is in the A4 format, meaning you can just print it out as is and paste it into your notebook. It is already the right size.)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks a bunch upbumpo! I'll print it out ASAP! But one thing, the image isn't in A4 format with me... How many pixels in width by how many in length is a A4 image?

I'll put you in my sig anyways.

EDIT: Forget about the pixels, I found it already.

upbumpo190

Trophies
Website
ethericwarriors.eu
XP
Country
France
Hey, glad I could help!
smile.gif
I swear I made it A4, and double checked, but you guys already figured the problem out. (It is indeed 2480x3508 which is A4 @ 300dpi, to be printed with these dimensions: 8.27 in. 11.69 in. or 216 × 279 mm)

I hope everything goes well for you in French class, it's a nice language!

See you around,

Chris

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv