Anyone try this drive w/ USB loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by jdwo, Apr 8, 2009.

Apr 8, 2009
  1. jdwo
    OP

Newcomer jdwo Newbie

Canada
    Hey all, I've ben checkin the wiki about the drive compatibility quite a bit. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this external drive, or if anyone can recomend it as a descent drive at all. It seems like a good price but haven't seen any reports on Hitachi drive compatibility at all. Thanks all!

hxxp://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4444097&CatId=2421

2. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Here's the simple answer...

EVERY DRIVE WILL WORK... It all depends on the USB interface your using...

on eBay, there are USB adapters that will take IDE and SATA, which uses a separate power supply (plugs directly into the wall). They are about $13.

I've used about 40 drives with this device, and even one's said "not to work" and they load up, and rip/play games like it was made for the Wii!

3. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I saw that drive 3 days ago and I thought it was to good to be true for $60. So anyone know if it'll work?

4. jdwo
    OP

Newcomer jdwo Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind. I got XP pro, and wii @ 3.2u. So, that would be the interface I would use. I can't see any problems that haven't been found there in sight. So thanks. I'm really considering this drive.