Homebrew Anyone program using LUA? What is best lang for Homebrew on DS?

Kevin242

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have been reading about a language called LUA for the DS. I would like to try to program some simple games on the DS and I have no idea where to begin. I looked into LUA but could only find some tutorials in French. Is LUA a good language for a beginning DS programmer? If so anyone have any hints as to where to begin? Also if LUA isn't so good or there are other options could you point me in the right direction? THANKS!!!!

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Kevin242 said:
Hi, I have been reading about a language called LUA for the DS. I would like to try to program some simple games on the DS and I have no idea where to begin. I looked into LUA but could only find some tutorials in French. Is LUA a good language for a beginning DS programmer? If so anyone have any hints as to where to begin? Also if LUA isn't so good or there are other options could you point me in the right direction? THANKS!!!!

LUA is not a real programming language, it's a scripting language, it means it has a virtual machine that processes the information you give it... to program on the DS you use DevkitARM and libnds which is in C/C++.. or you can try with PAlib, a collection of functions based on libnds but easier for newbies ^^

jabbyjim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LUA is ok to start with i suppose, if you are really good you could make something noteworthy.

I made a LUA game for the PSP that was decent, I'll have to figure out how to get it on the DS now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night