Anyone plays Postal 2?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Yepi69, Jan 26, 2013.

Jan 26, 2013

Anyone plays Postal 2? by Yepi69 at 3:55 AM (516 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Yepi69
    OP

Member Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Portugal
    This game is a bit unpopular, it was released back in 2002, but its such a violent game that many people hated back then

Anyways here's the gameplay

There's also an online edition that many people still play in it, its currently my favorite online pc game.

2. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    Yep, loved it back when it came out. So juvenile and offensive for offensiveness's sake but that's its charm :P
    You smoke crack to get health back, if you catch on fire you piss on yourself to put it out, use cats as silencers for shotguns, and a group of environmentalists want to kill you for returning a book to a library "save a tree, burn a book". How can anyone take the game seriously? :)

I remember the loading times were really horrible back then (somewhat better after a patch), but on modern hardware its a non issue.

Just have to set a custom res and change the FOV via cfg file to get widescreen without looking stretched: http://www.wsgf.org/dr/postal-2

You can get P2, share the pain and apocalypse weekend on GOG.com for $10, no DRM and a nice single file installer. :)
    I bought it from there a while back, such an old engine but if you put all settings on highest and force really high AA/Anisotropic filtering via your gfx card's settings it looks nice and crisp. A street full of people running around on fire is still pretty funny to watch.

I think its on steam now also, but with DRM.

Its a shame how bad Postal 3 was, nothing like 2. Outsourcing it to some random Russian devs and taking no responsibility for it was pretty crap, the RWS guys do seem like douches when they post about things.

3. Yepi69
    OP

Member Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Portugal
    I still play it both offline or online (mostly online) I like burning people up on single player as well, this game was considered to be the most violent game back then.

4. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    I think I have the installer for this saved somewhere... AH YES I still got it XD

On my list of "games I forget I downloaded" to play, along with my entire Steam library T_T