Android Anyone Own An Asus EEEpad Transformer

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys just ordered an Asus Eee Pad Transformer through EBGames/Gamestop and it will cost me a total of $399 and I was wondering if anyone owns one and could give me an idea of how good they are?
Tablet pictured below
P_500.jpg

dapaua

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have one. While it cannot really replace a laptop, it is a great android tablet and you will use it much more than you expect. A really nice machine.
If yours come with Honeycomb, do not update to ICS yet because it is broken. We are expecting for a fix from asus in the next weeks.

Reactions: 1 person

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have one. While it cannot really replace a laptop, it is a great android tablet and you will use it much more than you expect. A really nice machine.
If yours come with Honeycomb, do not update to ICS yet because it is broken. We are expecting for a fix from asus in the next weeks.
How is app compatibility? What's the issue with ICS? And where did you buy the dock?

dapaua

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The ICS problem are random reboots, battery drain overnight and some applications crash. Not everybody experiences these problems, but many do. You can check the xda-developers forums for lots of information. But as I said the fix is expected in the next weeks.
The app compatibility is great, everything works with honeycomb, some apps do not with ICS, but most things work.
I bought my transformer with the dock together in a bundle, here in Spain.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't own one, but I'll just let you know that:
1. The tablet in the picture is the original Transformer, not the Transformer Prime. Umm... never mind. You weren't asking about the Prime.
2. When they fix ICS, upgrade to it. It's a lot better than Honeycomb.

EDIT: My cousin has one, and while he enjoys it, he has a couple of issues now and then, which I'm associating with Honeycomb.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
You can charge it through usb or by using a mains charger. I saw one of these in a hmv store near me and I thought "Nice".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay