Anyone Own An Archos Brand Item?

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was looking at buying an Archos 28, 32 or 101. What I want to know is are they reliable? Easy to break? Easy To use? Upgradable from Froyo?

Thanks
~Zerosuit

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet would probably be the Kindle Fire from Amazon, releasing November 15th.

Rumors are it will be pretty unlocked, but regardless, I'm sure people will hack it up and put stock android on it.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not get the 28. I take care of my devices, and the screen cracked just by taking out the charger... It also couldn't run a lot of things.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nook Color is still $250 new (though you can get down to around $150 on ebay i believe), plus it's hardware isn't as updated as the Kindle Fire

The Nook Color has a 800MHz processor, the Kindle Fire will have a 1.2GHz dual core processor
The Kindle Fire has a high quality IPS LCD Display, the Nook Color just has an average LCD
The Kindle Fire is running on Gingerbread (2.3) while the Nook Color is on Froyo (2.2). Yes, the Nook Color can be hacked onto a different version, but the same will probably also be true of the kindle fire.
The Kindle Fire has the Android App Store out of the box, which has many more apps than the Nook Color's Appstore. The Kindle Fire probably will get the Android market when hacked, Nook Color can already get it.
The Kindle Fire is lighter and smaller than the Nook Color.
The Kindle Fire will have the Silk browser, which should make for a much better browser (look it up).

The only thing that is better on the Nook Color is that it has a MicroSD slot while the Kindle Fire won't.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Archos make excellent quality products, I've seen my friend drop his Archos 5, and it has remained intact. But I'd personally agree with the others in this thread; the Nook Colour and definitely the Kindle Flame would be much better products. You could also get a HP TouchPad, and dual-boot CyanogenMod on that — but that's a bit far fetched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==