Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
news from tehskeen.com
link: http://www.tehskeen.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=3781
QUOTE said:
Hot off the presses! Get your copy here! brkirch has just released Gecko 1.8 the successor to the Gecko OS. This unofficial build has been approved by the people responsible for the USB Gecko Nintendo Wii hacking/cheat code device. It has a lot of new features and a new GUI.

The Gecko homebrew application can be used without the USB Gecko hardware, but you're limited to only using it's various non-integrated features. However, the features available are worth using including cheat code support, region free gaming and much more!

What's New?

Multidol games work through Gecko's game loader, rebooter is no longer required for them
To ensure games are fully functional the game loader now uses the IOS requested by the game (as a result there is no 002 error, that error is due to game loaders booting a game with the wrong IOS)
If a game requests an IOS that you don't have, the game's update partition will be searched for the IOS and the option to install the IOS will be given if it is found (if you have a modchip, turn off update blocking!)
It is now possible to select not to load the debugger, which increases the number of code lines allowed by Ocarina
New hooks have been added so that most (if not all) Wii games can be hooked
Rebooter will use the hook selected on the config menu to hook games
Rebooter is now compatible with preloader
The menu interface has been improved, and you can load a custom background by creating a 640x480 PNG-24 file, naming it background.png, and putting it at the root of your SD card
The menu configuration can be saved, and the saved configuration will be loaded automatically when Gecko starts
A configuration file can be created for game specific settings like hook type
New code types are supported by the code handler
GPF (gecko patch file) support

Extras
Gecko18.zip (776.2 KB, 19 Views)
Visit Link (Visited: 1)

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean theses new feathers can be added to gamma in some way? Rebooter working with preloader would be nice as well as a couple others. thanks

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YellowYoYos said:
Does this mean theses new feathers can be added to gamma in some way? Rebooter working with preloader would be nice as well as a couple others. thanks

Yes, but the source code to Gecko 1.8 has not been released, and I don't think that brkirch is planning on releasing it.

frenchderf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes I will use today from HBC

and let you know...

frenchderf
sleep.gif

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a program made for running LEGIT copies of wii games region free and/or with cheats, and to make temporary mods to the system mods (IE, copying protected save files such as brawl.) No back ups or anything like that.

I remember the days when people actually thought these programs were useful, then those damned back up loaders came. Don't worry Gecko OS, I still like you.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hhm, boots to a picture frame with gecko and v1.8 but no text, settings or anything :\ rest is just blank

EDIT: ok, that was either due to the gc memory card being in or a game disc being in

EDIT2: oh well I was hoping for 'remove copy flags' for 4.0 but dont work
frown.gif

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
GhostSonic said:
It's a program made for running LEGIT copies of wii games region free and/or with cheats, and to make temporary mods to the system mods (IE, copying protected save files such as brawl.) No back ups or anything like that.

I remember the days when people actually thought these programs were useful, then those damned back up loaders came. Don't worry Gecko OS, I still like you.
Well, you can use it for backups if you have modded your IOS:es with cIOScorp, or the like. Fact is, this is the most foolproof way of loading backups; way better compatibility than any loader ...

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zoulpain said:
BlindDude said:
Can someone explain what gecko is? I have had it in my homebrew apps but dont know what it is.. lol sorry

Backup Launcher.. Runs all Wii and Gamecube
man thats pure bullshit! gecko os has nothing to do with backup launching.

more infos about gecko os -> http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
g4jek8j54 said:
YellowYoYos said:

Yes, but the source code to Gecko 1.8 has not been released, and I don't think that brkirch is planning on releasing it.

If it's based on the old Gecko OS(1.07b), he can't chosse not to release the source. Gecko OS 1.07b is licensed under GPL v2, and so is every modification of it anybody releases. This is one of the main reasons why i love open source.

yadster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[/quote]
Backup Launcher.. Runs all Wii and Gamecube
[/quote]

So can use use the cheat function for gamecube games as well?

schmake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
gecko pretty much obsolete though with usbL

WTF are you talking about?
How do you think Ocarina codes are found? There is more to the Wii than simply loading up backups through either disc or other medi. Gecko OS is the hacking tool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse