Anyone make custom Guitar Hero discs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Luriden, Oct 27, 2008.

Oct 27, 2008
  1. Luriden
    OP

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm looking for guidance on how to do this. I've been to the Scorehero.com forums, but there's a million different apps to use, some requiring that I do this or that and some not. What's the easiest app to use to put my own songs in the game? I've got MP3s (which I understand I must convert to OGG) and .chart files from Scorehero, what's the preferred application for putting them in the game?

2. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    hmmm i want to know that too, anyone???

3. Luriden
    OP

United States
    Well since I have Vista it looks like I'm screwed in this department, as most of the programs that it requires don't work on Vista.

4. Rebound

Member Rebound GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Not much of a help for your specific problem but you can just download guitarfun and use fretsonfire songs, its basically the same as GH

5. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ive used this thread on Scorehero and created a few of my own.
    http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56998

Ive been there since the start so i can imagine looking at 78 pages its daunting, but really everything you need is in the first thread.
    And im on Vista aswell so no problems there, you've just got to test it out and see what version of the GUI works best for you, as i find later versions give me problems.

6. Luriden
    OP

United States
    I followed that thread to a "T". I'm no longer getting the Line -1 errors that I thought were Vista related, but I'm running into a shitload of problems now. Songedit.exe opens up after extracting files from the ISO, and it just sits there... doing nothing. Even when I turn off replace songlist and tier, it tries to create wav files with Goldwave but Goldwave opens and closes really quickly without doing shit or creating anything I need, and then after that it edits the dat files and it can't find my wav files because they don't exist. They weren't created. Everything is supposed to be working, but oddly enough NOTHING does.