Anyone knows whats wrong with my internet?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Drink the Bleach, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Drink the Bleach
    OP

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    My network never disconnects, but my internet is here for half a minute, then gone for half a minute, and that cycle has been repeating itself for 2 days now. Its making downloading anything larger than 50mb impossible without failing and sites that stream without downloading full episodes in a player are constantly freezing every minute.

Since internet keeps comming back, I can't even use windows to "diagnose" my problem because it'll get a good connection before diagnosis is complete and tell me nothing is wrong, and then after a few seconds its out again.

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Are you connected by wifi? Are there any others using your network? Is this every site, or just heavy traffic sites? Do you have any proxies or filters set up? Have you installed any new software/drivers in the time since the symptoms first appeared?

Just a few troubleshooting questions.

3. Drink the Bleach
    OP

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    Yes. Two Wired PC's, Android. Every site. No. No.

Problem only exists on one device.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    What's your WiFi adapter? You can check that in the Device Manager. Is it running the latest drivers? What OS are you running?

5. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I had the same problem, I contacted my internet provider and he reset my connection from his side and it fixed.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The problem affects only one machine, so it can't be on the ISP side.

7. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Oh, I didn't see that lol! We had the problem on every device.

8. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Sounds like either saturated WiFi channels, WiFi interference, bad signal, or the a fault in either the AP or the client. Foxi's question will help narrow down the possibilities.

9. Drink the Bleach
    OP

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    Intel Centrino Advanced N6235. Yes. Windows 7.

Did have a recent internet outage though. Before that 2 days of acting up, Internet was down for 2 days.
    And I just now witnessed the same problem happening on a wired pc. I thought the issue was device specific because everything appeared fine on my other computer.

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I had a similar issue with the Centrino N-135 on Windows 8 on one of the laptops I worked on recently (the Windows 8 WiFi application screwing up something with the packets), it uses the same driver, but the problem has been isolated to Windows 8, so I doubt you're suffering from the same thing. My advice would be to uninstall the driver (not just the device, the whole driver - it's a separate option in the Device Manager) and reinstalling the latest version of Intel's PROSet WiFi pack (keep in mind that not all packs support all of Intel's chips - double-check if the version you're downloading supports your card).