Anyone Here Anticipating Nitro?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Njrg, Aug 19, 2009.

Aug 19, 2009

Anyone Here Anticipating Nitro? by Njrg at 9:26 AM (1,397 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Njrg
    OP

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    Okay, I know every Need for Speed game on GBA or NDS has been God awful... (Yes this thread is created for the sole purpose of expressing my thoughts on a game)
    But does anyone here except me have high hopes for the new one? I guess I'm anticipating it more that Scribblenauts. I'm not saying NFS is better, just that Scribblenauts is like a month away and the net is flooded with a ton of gameplay videos. There really is no mystery for the anticipation anymore.

Moving on... I hear Nitro is taking a direction to arcade-like racing of older racers instead of the boring sim racers that are all too common these days.
    I'm reminiscing back to the old days where Need for Speed Undergroud and every crappy game after it didn't exist. Would anyone agree with me that the arcadish Hot Pursuit 2 was the funnest/best NFS ever? Does anyone else feel like playing games from the era that games didn't take themselves so seriously?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, IMO, Arcade = Fun.

Anyways, I just saw this Gameplay Video (Old). I know it isn't shocking in visuals but it certainly (to me) looks funner than any NFS since 2001.I know when it comes to Nintendo DS, the racing genre is a bit lacking. Mario Kart DS is the only game I remember having an absolute blast with. Trackmania, GRID, Speed Racer, all the others were a little fun for less than half an hour.

Anyways, I have a questions for you, the reader:

Out of any game that's not out on DS yet, which game are you anticipating/want the most?

Right now I have my eyes set on many, many, many RPG's (Do I really need to provide a list? I'm sure everyone knows about the DS's biggest upcoming RPG's, They pretty much cover 95% of my List), Zelda Spirit Tracks, Gauntlet DS, Scribblenaugts.

2. shinnyuuya

Member shinnyuuya GBAtemp Fan

Indonesia
    i like rpg games too. next rpg i waited for is super mario rpg 3 english vrsion

3. Njrg
    OP

United States
    I'm pretty excited for Golden Sun DS. And the Wizard of Oz RPG looks neat.

And theres a DS game called Nostalgia, not much info on it, but the Screenshots are pretty exceptional for a 3D RPG that wan't developed by neither Square-Enix nor Nintendo.

And Apparently NIS America has 2 RPGs set for North America before 09 is over.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Well, I hope NFS Nitro will be good. To be honest, I'm not really anticipating any games for the DS at this time. I'm just hoping some games will roll around that don't thoroughly suck.

5. Njrg
    OP

United States
    I'm praying its good.

The only arcade-like racers we have are Speed racer, Mario Kart, and Asphalt 2. I'm tired of MarioKart, and I'm sure EA's attempts at an arcade racer will be miles above the others.

6. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    I don't think it would suck, I don't think the previous NFS suck. And the style of this game looks nicer than the previous ones. Though, the best racer on DS is still Mario Kart DS IMO.

And I think I put too many games in my waiting list I need to sort it out some time [​IMG]

7. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Well, he other ones were pretty bad, so this better be better. This got added to my list.

My waiting list is growing like Domination's, except not as massive as his.

8. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    i enjoed prostreet an undercover. prostreet was te best of the series on the ds. im looking forward to nitro for both ds and wii.

9. Njrg
    OP

United States
    I guess I'm just picky.

10. freshness

Newcomer freshness Advanced Member

Germany
    the nfs games for ds are ooooooooooookey, but the graphics suck so much that i´m more motivated to play nfs 2 on an old pc...until this day i don´t understand why only Mario Kart DS can look so good on nintendo´s handheld...

11. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    MKDS is nice and all, I do like it, but it's a little too cutesy for me to take seriously, not to mention online has been ruined long ago by cheaters. My personal favorite racer on DS is Speed Racer. That game was psychotic fun and I want more racers like it on the DS. A few of the NFS games on DS are decent too though, but they don't have the psychotic fun-factor that Speed Racer or MKDS has. I'm hoping Nitro will be closer to the racing game I'm looking for on DS since they seem to have went from a sim-like racer of previous NFS's to a more fantasy style in Nitro. Hopefully the focus will be on FUN instead of silly tricks or fancy paint jobs on the car.....I just want to race on some tripped-out looking tracks with interesting design. I don't really care about flipping the car around during jumps or ricing-out the car itself.

I'll tell ya, I was really looking forward to Gravity Zero Racing. It looked like it could have been another psychotically fun racer like Speed Racer and would have been at least close to an F-Zero/Wipeout clone on DS. What ever happened to that game? Is it still supposed to come out? Did it actually come out and just never got dumped? Did it get canceled or what?

12. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I always look forward to any new racer on DS, and I don't think the past NFS DS games were bad; not really my taste, but they were mostly decent. Arcade racers are my preference, so yeah, this is one I look forward to taking for a spin.

13. freshness

Newcomer freshness Advanced Member

Germany
    What we need is F-Zero DS. Period.

14. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Nintendo's on vacation for a while, enjoying the fruits of hardware sales. They don't have time for such quibbles. [​IMG]