Anyone have experience with Buyee?

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently found out about Buyee, a tool for ordering from Japanese auctions that takes care of international shipping and whatnot for you. Anyone have any experience with it?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I've used it a few times and had no issues. I'd previously used ZenMarket but switched to Buyee because their fees were cheaper. I've not used Sendico (which is the proxy buying service that a whole bunch of YouTube channels I watch recommend), so that's another one that might be worth investigating.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought about a dozen items from there to be delivered to the US. My word of advice to you if you plan to buy multiple items, big or small, is to try to buy them close enough together to use their bulk shipping service. When you do this, your items go from the seller to a buyee warehouse where they can stay for free for up to 30 days. once a bunch of stuff for you is there, you can have everything put in a single box (still individually packaged and bubble wrapped as well) and shipped for a flat rate to you.
It's really the only cost effective way to go with small and/or light items in quantities.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently found out about Buyee, a tool for ordering from Japanese auctions that takes care of international shipping and whatnot for you. Anyone have any experience with it?
It can be expensive, but I have had no damaged packages or anything like that. Basically even after the package arrives at their warehouse. they give you 30 days to pay for shipping before they start charging you for holding the package. Shipping fees vary quite a lot. Sometimes as cheap as $12. Sometimes as expensive as $80 for larger packages. It depends the size and weight of the package basically. I've bought from them dozens of times, and had no issues at all. I think this summarizes how much I enjoy the service. I may be a little addicted.
1689350108040.png

Post automatically merged:

I bought about a dozen items from there to be delivered to the US. My word of advice to you if you plan to buy multiple items, big or small, is to try to buy them close enough together to use their bulk shipping service. When you do this, your items go from the seller to a buyee warehouse where they can stay for free for up to 30 days. once a bunch of stuff for you is there, you can have everything put in a single box (still individually packaged and bubble wrapped as well) and shipped for a flat rate to you.
It's really the only cost effective way to go with small and/or light items in quantities.
Sadly they don't offer this for all packages. Most notably Yahoo Japan Auctions packages.

Last edited by Ryab,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Never used any of the already mentioned options, but I've used the formerly known White Rabbit Express, now known as Japan Rabbit, and it offers 45 days free storage as well as many options to buy from Japan, including in-store pickup, Yahoo!Auctions, preorders and many more.

The users service is great and we can get an instant quote on their site, by adding the items link we want to buy, on their form.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't know about Buyee, but I know Sendico is quite popular. There are a lot of these sites. I haven't used them myself yet though. The cost only makes sense if you are buying expensive things or consolidating multiple orders.

Przetrosz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Buyee gives away various shipping fee coupons. They may only be available for specific platforms like Yahoo or Mercari, but if you have at least one purchase in your combined shipping that the coupon applies to, you can use it for the entire order.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Never bought from Buyee before, looks like a marketplace similar to AliExpress and Temu. I got my items fine from those places, so it shouldn't be an issue ordering stuff from there.
It's not. It's proxy shipping from other sites/services. Comparable services are Tenso (who owns Buyee) and Neokyo.
I've used Buyee and Neokyo and have no major complaints about either one. The shipping option I used from Neokyo required signature verification, which my Buyee orders never have.

Just take care to make it worth your while and order everything you want in one go and have it shipped together to save on shipping costs. Also, Buyee charges for consolidating packages, while Neokyo (and probably some other services) do not.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not. It's proxy shipping from other sites/services. Comparable services are Tenso (who owns Buyee) and Neokyo.
I've used Buyee and Neokyo and have no major complaints about either one. The shipping option I used from Neokyo required signature verification, which my Buyee orders never have.

Just take care to make it worth your while and order everything you want in one go and have it shipped together to save on shipping costs. Also, Buyee charges for consolidating packages, while Neokyo (and probably some other services) do not.
Okay, but that post has been made over 5-months ago.

Blondiez78

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Buyee gives away various shipping fee coupons. They may only be available for specific platforms like Yahoo or Mercari, but if you have at least one purchase in your combined shipping that the coupon applies to, you can use it for the entire order.
Buyee has proven to be a reliable service for purchasing items from Japan.

Reactions: SylverReZ

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have any choices on who to use for shipping carrier??? I would prefer them to use UPS Shipping as possible.

USPS is very short staffed and they seem not sending any mails for long time. I have ZERO trust in USPS.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have any choices on who to use for shipping carrier??? I would prefer them to use UPS Shipping as possible.

USPS is very short staffed and they seem not sending any mails for long time. I have ZERO trust in USPS.
Yes they give a list of choices and list the prices and expected time of delivery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...