Hacking Anyone have a Netgear DG834 router?

x_comp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wondering if there's a power setting that allows you to lower the range of the wireless signal or not. I couldn't find anything on the site = /

x_comp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Funny enough, I was considering all day yesterday if I should get that exact router. Is it recommended?

Er, which one? The Buffalo one? I don't know about the Netgear one but, it seems to have gotten some good reviews.

I chosen to go for the Buffalo one because it's cheaper but, it also has good reviews and says it's DS compatible. They made those Nintendo branded USB WiFi dongles after all.

A

A7mag3ddon

I have that model and its superb, works on DS and PSP flawlesly.

Heres a tip, turn off the wireless function when not using it
smile.gif

x_comp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great to hear! But er... Buffalo or Netgear?

I won't be turning it off much since the whole point of getting a router instead of the cheaper USB dongle is to network computers wirelessly. That's why I want to reduce the range so that it's only useable within the house
wink.gif

The Datel Max Wi-Fi currently allows that but, I don't know about these two routers. It should be a standard feature anyway.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use a netgear for all of my notebook + DS + (almost never) PSP needs. There's no need to reduce signal strength, just add a WEP key so your DS can use it too.

angelotax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great to hear! But er... Buffalo or Netgear?

I won't be turning it off much since the whole point of getting a router instead of the cheaper USB dongle is to network computers wirelessly. That's why I want to reduce the range so that it's only useable within the house
wink.gif

The Datel Max Wi-Fi currently allows that but, I don't know about these two routers. It should be a standard feature anyway.
Just add a 64bit Wep Key
wink.gif

x_comp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, just for the record... Do you know you can crack WEP keys in less then 5 minutes? There's even sites that tell you how it's done
laugh.gif

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, just for the record... Do you know you can crack WEP keys in less then 5 minutes? There's even sites that tell you how it's done
laugh.gif

Do you live in an area filled with people who know how to do this? If so, do some MAC filtering. Oh wait, people can MAC spoof too. I guess you'll have to do wired, but someone can run a wire to hijack your internet. That means you should lock your door, but locksmiths can open locks.

x_comp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you live in an area filled with people who know how to do this? If so, do some MAC filtering. Oh wait, people can MAC spoof too. I guess you'll have to do wired, but someone can run a wire to hijack your internet. That means you should lock your door, but locksmiths can open locks.
Yeah, and you will be the one coming round to blast open the front doors
tongue.gif

TeraS

Trophies
XP
Country
i have the DG834G 108mpbs Router and the wireless connectivity from my laptop to the router is fast. I havent tried Wifi as i dont have a DS yet.

You can lock the wireless connection so that people around the area cant connect with it easily because they will be required to use a password to gain access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F