Anyone have a 3dsLink? Review?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TwilightWarrior, Nov 12, 2013.

1. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    I was wondering if anyone recently bought the 3dslink card since I was about to purchase it. Can anyone just tell me how it runs and differs from gateway, and overall if it's a good card

2. Inuuto

Inuuto Enigmatic

Feb 2, 2010
    United States
    Undernet
    Just want to put this out there: Get a Gateway.

You don't want an obsolete clone. I understand it's cheaper but they're riding on Gateway right now. What if firmware 2.0 had an anti-clone measure? You probably want the latest update. I would wait until firmware 2.0 comes out before I buy a clone.

3. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    Don't get it.

4. TwilightWarrior
    OP

TwilightWarrior GBATEMP'S Official Boss

Jun 3, 2013
    Canada
    In front of my 3DS
    I have the gateway, this is for my little sis who wouldn't care much about playing newer games

5. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

Maybe they won't have anti-clone protection.

Maybe some people are content with paying less, as all they want is ROMs with region-free and firmware spoofing. Maybe they only have interest in older games.

Reviews are supposed to give unbiased information to the reader. If the author wants to include a "yeah but gateway might be better if you've got extra cash" that's okay, but just trying to sway the OP one way or the other isn't the best course of action.

Of course if 2.0 does end up having anti-clone, and X person wants their NAND saving/backups and what not, sure you can say get a Gateway. But as of Nov. 12, the choice is up to the person with the only differences being price and future proofability.

6. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    Well it's the same thing as the R4i Gold Deluxe, and there's a comparison of that vs the Gateway

7. mybluered

mybluered GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2011
    United States