Hacking anyone go Sim City DS working?

MitchStar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a g6 lite, and im updated to the newest firmware (4.8). Every time i try to start it though, it gives me that dang error. anyone gotten it to work yet?

Vox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope no luck here
frown.gif
think we´ll need a firmwire not just newest disk manager
frown.gif

noneedforun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it works if you swap the passcard in slot 1 with a ds game containing save type of 2mbit flash. im playing it using Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!. just swap it before choosing the game. not sure if all ds games with 2mbit save type work but dont see why it wouldnt.

Strag0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it works if you swap the passcard in slot 1 with a ds game containing save type of 2mbit flash. im playing it using Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!. just swap it before choosing the game. not sure if all ds games with 2mbit save type work but dont see why it wouldnt.

Yup, I confirm. This method works solidly. I'm using Brain age as well. The only issue is the saving time, but it's not that much of an issue since it takes just a few more seconds than usual.

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it working...

I extracted arm7.bin from the japanese SimCity DS, and replaced it in the US release of SimCity DS

If you use DSLazy, you can do this. And it works fine. Saves perfectly, runs fine. Enjoy!

Skyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's what I'm wondering too. Can you get SC to run with the new firmware without any "neat" tricks? Just by using different settings.

If so, what are the settings?

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
soft reset, do fat/force r/w, trim...

On 4.8a using the patched rom I used. After patching it. Myself.

You need to use the patch I proposed. It works then. No overwriting saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...