Anyone ever found a hidden public wifi router?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so one thing that always had me wondering is public wifi hotspots in new york.. the (Optimumwifi, xfinity, TWCwifi & cablewifi) with basic computer knowledge anyone knows that all internet comes from a modem and wifi comes from a router connected to a modem. but in public wifi where are these things hidden. Well one thing i have come to know is that some (maybe a lot more now) hotspots actually come from existing internet customers that have accepted the internet upgrade and have become a "sponsor" this allows optimum customers to actually become a public wifi hotsopt. the way that works is that their home modem/router is partitioned into another completely separate virtual router that does not at all hinder or lower their personal interned speed. but not going into details.
anyway... before this promotion was thought of wifi hotspots are hidden around NY.
i have found 2 of them

one of them is hidden inside a phonebooth with only the tiny antenna protruding from the top
and another one inside a large steel grey box about 4ft tall and about 10 ft wide on ground level (Pictures coming soon)

but yea have you seen any?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1