Anyone elses Switch case not sitting flush?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by styckx, Mar 7, 2017.

1. styckx
    OP

styckx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    Between the power button and exhaust vent.. Mine is slightly "bowed" out and not sitting flush. A small bit of pressure and it moves to sit flush.. Looks like a few clips could have been used at this critical spot.

[​IMG]

2. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    nice dark pic there

3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    That pic shows us nothing.

4. styckx
    OP

styckx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    How's this

5. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    That's not good and doubt seasoning is going to make it any better. I would take that back and exchange it. If the store doesn't have one to give you then you have a good arguement for your money back.

Chizko and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  6. styckx
    OP

styckx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    Problem is Nintendo has you by the balls with their saves on system memory only.. Risk over 24hrs of playtime in Zelda to fix a millimeter of bad manufacturing??

MasterViper81 and digipimp75 like this.
  7. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    On top of that if they decide to ship a new one rather than repair yours, even if they do a system transfer, the one they send you could have a bunch of dead pixels. But, you know, "that is normal" and not a defect. :wacko:

8. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Not good. Couldn't they offer you a replacement?

9. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    might wanna take it apart and see if you can glue it or find out what lose.
    It would suck to lose all your save data which is what would happen if you stick with the store return.
    If you let nintendo step in then your going to have to wait for repair which means being without a switch for a while.

10. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Doesn't opening a device void the warranty usually? Especially if you start dumping glue in it?

Chizko likes this.
  11. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    I dont see any void stickers on the system. And they would have to take it apart to see that glue was added. But its he fixes his own problem then there isnt anything for them to do right now.

But willing to bet its a broken clip or loses screw

12. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    The dead pixel problem with LCD is there since the beginning of LCD, it's not Nintendo's fault and the LCD standart judges that 3 dead pixel is okay.

Pip'

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  13. thorasgar

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Never said it was Nintendo's fault, it is the fault of the LCD panel manufacturer. The "LCD standart" can do whatever it wants, my standard is no dead pixels or back it goes.

The US FDA standard for ground turkey allows for 50% to be contaminated with salmonella. I have a different standard.

14. styckx
    OP

styckx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    So from some discussion on Reddit. It seems as though others have had this on their Switch too. Glad I'm not the only person..

15. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    I seen the issue on Reddit as well. Is it the LCD part or the backside? If it's the LCD part you have to get it replaced or fixed. The backside can come off and get poped back in.

16. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    That's the thing, nobody cares about our standard, only the manufacturer's. Wich is fine by me. I ain't no crying baby. Btw, cook your turkey right and goodbye salmonella.

Pip'

Last edited by Pippin666, Mar 8, 2017
  17. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I think the point being made by most isn't that it is acceptable, but rather we shouldn't expect from Nintendo what we don't from others. Basically no freak out from other companies doing dlc, but then suddenly it's a major problem when Nintendo dies it. They didn't even block any normal gameplay behind a dlc wall, unlike a game (can't remember which) that literally blocked major features behind a dlc wall.

Edit: Corrected my phone's stupid swype which apparently doesn't work very well

Last edited by TheCyberQuake, Mar 8, 2017