Anyone else using Enhancer for Youtube?

Dragozard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using it for a while because I like how I can customize my Youtube viewing experience. But lately things have been getting wonky for no discernable reason. Anyone know why it's doing this?

Attachments

• SharedScreenshot.jpg
    SharedScreenshot.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 27

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mostly use it to get nice fast playback (got used to 3x playback on newpipe such that 2x of baseline youtube was too slow). I could replicate something like your image with the youtube enhancer expand mode. Probably better then to use the youtube native cinema mode (in the video should be an option down the bottom) if you want something that takes up a good chunk of the screen but still allows you to scroll around.

Dragozard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can see the bottom bits now overlap the video field instead of being pushed down. This is with Automatically expand the video player checked. I don't know this just suddenly decided to happen.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Been using it for a while because I like how I can customize my Youtube viewing experience. But lately things have been getting wonky for no discernable reason. Anyone know why it's doing this?
I'm using it
I also have it set to auto expand the player.
It has been a bit wonky for me too.
Videos are cropped to 4:3 (or close to 4:3) with black bars in windowed mode, although fullscreen is working normally. It looks like this is the same issue you are having.
And whenever I load a new video page, the page doesn't load correctly at first, it's not scrollable and the area outside the player appears darkened/grayed until I click outside the player, which gets rid of the darkened overlay and causes the player to change size.
It also isn't scaling the player to fit the window vertically like it used to do.
It has been like this for over a month now.

Edit: Suddenly, the video is now now overlapping the description box. This wasn't happening just earlier today, but it's been broken in other ways for at least a month. On the plus side, the video is now filling the window height again. There are still black bars on the sides though...

I've used some sort of YouTube addon/enhancer consistently for maybe the last decade. I've gone through 3 or 4 different ones. They always end up broken by YouTube changes, and the dev abandons it and never bothers to update it to work again. Hoping that doesn't happen to this too, but I know it will if not now then eventually, the fact that it's been broken for this long is a bad sign though. The previous ones I used had much more functionality than Enhancer for YouTube, sadly all the YouTube addons that exist nowadays are pretty limited in functionality. Every time I had to switch to a new YouTube addon, I lost some functionality, and Enhancer for YouTube only has a small fraction of what YousableTubeFix (the original one I used) had. I'm sure I could find an alternative to Enhancer that isn't broken right now, but it will probably have even less functionality.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.