Gaming Anyone else pumped for SOUL SACRIFICE?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Agreed... feels like a dumbed down Monster Hunter for casual crowd (that believes they are hardcore because the game's theme is undead-ish but are really playing a casual version of Monster Hunter for ppl that will never be hardcore enough)

How do you dumb down a game that's already morbidly simplistic? Plus hey, considering both are combat oriented games, at least SS seems to have figured out how to more properly do combat. Monster hunter seems to always fuck that one up.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The game Is addictive as hell and so awesome! I can't believe I didn't like it at first!
I've been online in it for hours hosting all night and the room has constantly been full (room is called GBAtemp.net).
Matches are fast and fluid and setting up games is quick and easy.
If you want to play with me check out the GBAtemp clan thread and get involved!

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not that far into it yet. I'm intentionally going through the story slowly, spending more time with the Avalon Pacts. I'm getting into the swing of combos now - hitting an enemy affected by a Hell status with the right spell seems to do massive amounts of damage.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
So what happened to everyone lol?
From this thread it looked like loads of people were getting this game but since it's come out no one is posting!
Did the demo turn people off?
I'm at just over 20hrs play time a week today which I find amazing as I thought I was only playing about 2hrs a night!
This is one of the best games so far this year imo and easily one of the top games on Vita.
SS2 is already in the works and I can't wait for all the FREE DLC we are getting at the end of the month (loads of new enemies, spells and 10+ archfiends!).
This game badly needs a LOL button for in battle chat!
The amount of times someone gets launched really high or a boss gets
destroyed to quickly I've wanted to 'lol' but instead had to 'nice' or 'excellent'.
I think in SS2 clothes etc. should have stats. I'd also like to be able to mix up clothes and hoods from different sets, maybe once you beat the story.
Possibly a class system to like Paladin, Knight, Monk etc. for saving and Necromancer, Wizard, Witch Mage etc. for sacrificing. Also maybe bonus rites/spells for each class so a Monk could have a uber punch, Kinght a shield that is area effect on every player. Witch could summon a tiger cat etc.
What do you guys think?

What ever happens in SS2 they've definitely built a great world and mechanics that can only get better!

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing a lot, actually. 13 hours, 30 minutes so far. In the story I'm at the start of Beginning of the End, I've beaten the first two of the Fellow Sorcerer storylines and 29 of the Avalon Pacts. My character currently has Lv30 Life/Lv10 Magic but I use an Attunement Sigil II to boost her attack to 146 while keeping her defence at a handy 200.

I haven't really gone online yet, but I intend to once I've beaten the main storyline and the other two Fellow Sorcerer storylines. Getting all the single player content done first is probably a good idea, y'know? Besides, last I checked, most people playing online already seemed to have at least Lv90 overall...

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
So I beat the main story, although I still haven't gone on to fight Magusar yet. I wanted to level up a bit more first and finish off the only Fellow Sorcerer storyline I haven't accessed (but I need to hit Lv15 for Magic before I can even start it, so grinding!).

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Well I finally platinumed the game today, took me the best part of 60 hours and I never got bored the whole time and think the game is excellent - 8.5/10.
Not much to do now but grind for better sigils and offerings which I doubt I'll do. I think the timing of the DLC release is perfect as it starts coming out tomorrow for USA and Wednesday for EUR and I'm looking forward to seeing the new bosses.

I think in SS2 it needs to rely more on the team when playing it online and perhaps have more classes within the 2 build types. As it stands once you max level you can solo any pact easily and adding team mates just gives the boss more health.

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I finally platinumed the game today, took me the best part of 60 hours and I never got bored the whole time and think the game is excellent - 8.5/10.
Not much to do now but grind for better sigils and offerings which I doubt I'll do. I think the timing of the DLC release is perfect as it starts coming out tomorrow for USA and Wednesday for EUR and I'm looking forward to seeing the new bosses.

I think in SS2 it needs to rely more on the team when playing it online and perhaps have more classes within the 2 build types. As it stands once you max level you can solo any pact easily and adding team mates just gives the boss more health.

Lemme know if you plan to sell it any time soon. xD

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Lemme know if you plan to sell it any time soon. xD

I will be selling it after I've played the DLC but if you buy used you'll still have to buy an online pass from PSN if you want to play MP.

-EDIT-

Title update is live. It adds a ton of stuff and fixes.

[-EDIT2-]

The game will be on ebay tomorrow at 18.00GMT+0 for 10 days!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well