Anyone else having this issue?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Syberia, Dec 20, 2009.

Dec 20, 2009

Anyone else having this issue? by Syberia at 9:35 AM (2,297 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. Syberia
    OP

Newcomer Syberia Member

United States
    Basically, with anything above 1.4 firmware on my Cyclo DS, cheat codes automatically de-activate themselves when I soft-reset a game. I thought this was supposed to be an advantage of a flash cart over an AR? The only conclusion I can draw from this is that they intentionally removed that feature from new firmware updates, but I don't get it. I've stayed on 1.4 for over a year now.

2. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia
    I fail to see how that's an issue...

3. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I see why it ould be an issue - it means you have to activate each chat code you want again and again for every game. It would be annoying. If you did not want the cheats activated you could go into the Enhanced Menu you disable them all there with one setting change.

But in answer to the original question - I do not have the same issue. My ceats stay activated after a power off or a reset / soft reset.

p.s. I use the cheat file "user.evoCheats" created by Narin and the Cheat Crew.

4. Gariscus

Australia
    I may have misunderstood... I thought OP was referring to cheats not working/being activated after soft reseting and launching the same game and choosing "No" at the "Do you want to disable cheat codes for this game?", in which case it wouldn't be an issue.

5. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    Backup and delete your cycloDS folder try a fresh update

6. Syberia
    OP

Newcomer Syberia Member

United States
    What I mean is this: I load up a Pokemon game, with cheats enabled. I play for a while, cheats work fine. I soft reset the GAME (not the DS or flashcard) with A + B + Start + Select. The game resets like it should, but cheats are now OFF. Prior to version 1.4, cheats would remain ON during this same process.

7. Gariscus

Australia
    After you have soft reset can't you just choose "Yes" at the "Do you want to enable cheat codes for this game?" and press START?

8. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    He said he's not soft-reseting to the flashcart menu, he's using the game's built-in soft reset.

9. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Happens to me too. I assume it's intentional and caused by a feature added after firmware 1.4.

10. Gariscus

Australia
    What do you mean by "built-in soft reset"? Pokemon games don't have "built-in soft reset". [​IMG]

11. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Yes they do.

12. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    l+r+start+select

13. Gariscus

Australia
    I suppose that's what Syberia meant by A + B + Start + Select...

14. arecus2000

Member arecus2000 GBAtemp Regular

India

No they don't or it doesn't work for me>

15. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I didn't think anyone uses that feature. It's likely they broke that by mistake. You may want to go to their forums and report it.

16. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    if you need to reset and keep the cheats on - Soft reset by cyclo, and press L and R same time when it loads up again - it will launch the last game that way.

17. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    There's actually a pretty significant difference. In-game soft reset is instantaneous, whereas soft-reset via Cyclo's Enhanced menu takes a few seconds, and then you have to select the game again and boot it up.
    I do believe Team Cyclops knows about this problem, though I remember they said it was caused by one of the features they added so there's no way to fix this other than downgrading.

18. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Holding L and R while resetting does save a bit of time as you don't have to select the game, but, yeah, it still takes a bit of time.

I think the reset combo for first and second gen Pokemon is A+B+Start+Select (since there were no shoulder buttons on the old Game Boys). He probably got confused.

19. blainy

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i was under the impression that the cheats get cleared after a ingame softreset due to the game being reloaded from a poitn other than the cyclo firmware, hence the cheats are not gettign applied after the softreset...nto sure if this is 100% corect, btu its what i heard..

20. Syberia
    OP

Newcomer Syberia Member

United States
    I have no problem sticking with 1.4 as I don't find myself needing any of the features provided by further updates (as long as there's a patch to make HG/SS work on that firmware), I was just basically looking for confirmation as to whether or not this would ever be fixed.