anybody wish they allowed custom coding in D.I.Y.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by DarkFocus, Mar 22, 2010.

Mar 22, 2010
  1. DarkFocus
    OP

Member DarkFocus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I'm a bit disappointed that they don't let us write our own code for the games [​IMG]
    I can understand that they want to keep it simple for the masses but it would have been nice if they included some advanced options, and I really don't like how the only trigger(other than timers) is tapping. [​IMG]
    anybody else feel the same way?

2. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    You are outside of the target demographic to be expecting that sort of functionality. It's not Klik&Play (remember that one, folks?)

That being stated, if this does reasonably well sales wise, we may see a more advanced offering in the future.

3. vhunter

Member vhunter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dont know mutch about coding but arnt there alot of coding languages out there, putting one would only benefit a few and putting alot would just not be worth it for a ds game. I dont think that even puting one language for custum coding is worth the trouble.

4. DarkFocus
    OP

Member DarkFocus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    you make a good point there is a lot of different coding languages but once you know one it's much easier to learn others and they could have put in a tutorial in how to code in whatever language they chose. Mostly I'm just upset about the lack of options(especially the only trigger being taping), it feels really limiting and they could have included a lot more.

5. blainy

Member blainy GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    maybe they could develop some kind of scripting language specially for warioware. call it warioscript or something.. then again, advanced scripting would go against the warioware mentality wouldn't it??

6. Social0

Member Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    stop talking crazy, it's a nintendo game ffs. Don't expect anything the casual gamer wouldn't understand

7. Ventrix

Member Ventrix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wish they would allow me to save on my Flashcard first.

8. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Yeah, and I wish they would have emailed me a link to the rom hosted on the nitendo servers since I hear you can download at like 10,000kb/s from them!