Any .vx-players out there?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gryphon93, Jul 12, 2009.

Jul 12, 2009
  1. Gryphon93
    OP

Member Gryphon93 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I just wonder if there is any .vx-players out there that are able to, as the title says, play .vx-movies. I found out that Time Hollow is using this format for their movies/animes, and I want to know if there is any possible way to see them on your computer. Either a .vx-player or a .vx-converter would be REALLY nice. Thanks for your help in advance!

NOTE: Yes, I've searced at google, and I've not found anything, yet.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    .vx is actimagine video.

http://www.actimagine.com/demo/demo_HD.html

To my knowledge there is no available player/conversion process for the format public or otherwise (I have not poked around the complete DS SDK so do not hold me to that). For what it is worth reverse engineering a video format is probably one of the hardest reverse engineering tasks* there is so I would not expect one any time soon. In fact I would sooner reverse engineer the player components of the DS binary than the format as it would probably be easier.

* http://www.cmlab.csie.ntu.edu.tw/cml/dsp/t...g/coding/mpeg1/
    That link details the basics of MPEG1 encoding which is considered the most basic standard out there. While I doubt VX is much more complex (complexity = smaller/better quality videos but it also means far more resources required) I am sure you appreciate how much work it would be.

Your best bet in this case is use a loopback app like fraps or taksi with an emulator.

3. Gryphon93
    OP

Member Gryphon93 GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Okay, I see. Thanks for your reply! I guess I'll have to use an emulator to see the movies then. I mean, I've watched them on my DS, but I want to watch them on the computer too [​IMG]. I'll maybe try to code my own player later.