Translation Any Trans Patch for the Dragon Quest XI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why would anybody want this?
Because de 3DS version is actually better for the 2D mode and have uniques changes, go see the Nintendo Life video.

I'm not a fan of Dragon Quest, but I can understand why some people want translation for this game even if there are other versions (which you can consider a superior version or not).

I'mean... why would anyone port Ocarina of Time for the Wii U or GTA SAN for the Vita or Tomb Raider for the Zeebo or Super Mario 64 for the DSi or Street Fighter 2 for the Virtual Boy if there are better versions for much more accessible consoles?, still... these ports exist and there are some people who loved being able to play on these consoles and seeing the game running on some of that platforms is actually kind of awesome.

Reactions: The Catboy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am basing how I feel about this based on what I've played on the s version of dq xi. you go in the past to key points in your adventure from 3d mode, so you can travel to several areas you've been to. I don't know if you can open the chests from each area in each time frame or not, but the bug I mentioned has the chests respawn in 3d mode. not good for someone who's trying to find everything. sniffing for treasure causes a falsehood when all chests are reclosed.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah, 2d in the s version is shitty aside form tickington village. you run into a battle every 3 steps. plus, there's a bug with it on the s version where if you go into 2d (go back in time), all chests in 3d are repopulated and closed. it's a good way to get duplicates of items, but all of them are closed back up, so you can no longer tell what you haven't gotten. I actually reloaded an older save (about 2 hours older( just to fix that. I don't want something like that to happen. square-enix never corrected it it would seem. :(
The 2d version isn't shitty it's designed to be like an old school JRPG you know like the old nes/snes Dragon Quest games where you encountered a battle every few steps. Hard-core JRPG gamers like myself love the fact that there is battles every few steps.

As for the chests problem well its not really a bug. Its explained in the game (at least it is in the euro version) that switching from 3d to 2d mode and vice versa puts you back to various points in the game like the start of a chapter or at other key points and any chests or key items ect would need to be found again. Not ideal but it is what it is and was the reason I played the game all the way through in 3d then did it again in 2d.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2d version isn't shitty it's designed to be like an old school JRPG you know like the old nes/snes Dragon Quest games where you encountered a battle every few steps. Hard-core JRPG gamers like myself love the fact that there is battles every few steps.

As for the chests problem well its not really a bug. Its explained in the game (at least it is in the euro version) that switching from 3d to 2d mode and vice versa puts you back to various points in the game like the start of a chapter or at other key points and any chests or key items ect would need to be found again. Not ideal but it is what it is and was the reason I played the game all the way through in 3d then did it again in 2d.
you named your hero Brian, after me, didn't you. I hope you did. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.