Gaming Any Tower Defense Type Games?

FreshSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a game that I use to play a lot online. They are the famous time consuming tower defense games. Where you build things to kill enemies. The enemies come through one entrance, and you want to prevent them from exiting the other entrance, usually a castle or something.

There was also another game that I use to play a lot... You were on the left side of the map, and the enemy was on the other side. It was kind of like a war game. The enemy would deploy their enemies, and they would run towards your castle. Your job was either to deploy some of your own troops to fend off the enemies, or you could try to shoot them with arrows from your castle. Basically, you would see a whole bunch of soldiers running back and forth killing each other until one castle fell. I know this might be confusing, but I tried my best.

Are there any games like that at all for the DS? Please HELP!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Going on a long trip... so I need a time consuming game
grog.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Warcraft TD for DS is practically good, but sometimes, some maps are just too tough/too long/too confusing.

There's this map wheere you gotta make your own maze, the idea is goo,d but then the monsters go on a frenzy and they won't obey my maze, heck, I lost in 3 seconds after I played for 2 minutes

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why there haven't been any commercial versions, though. I mean, with all the cheap Simply DS games coming out, you'd think one of those companies would realize that Tower Defense games are one of the most popular coffee-break type games on the internet, and that they're relatively cheap and easy to make...

FreshSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ruri said:
I don't get why there haven't been any commercial versions, though. I mean, with all the cheap Simply DS games coming out, you'd think one of those companies would realize that Tower Defense games are one of the most popular coffee-break type games on the internet, and that they're relatively cheap and easy to make...

I completely agree with you.. lets meet up and make this game and become rich... lol

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice to see one, but those kinds of games are considered too bothersome to make and produce usually because there are rarely any that are actually commercial.

Another thing to consider is that those small 1-mini game games are generally only released in Japan.

If they could come out with say 2~3 other games to throw on with a tower defense game (Needs a good genre), or perhaps a good storyline and other such things to make it worthwhile.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm....well how about Tower Defence with an epic storyline, mind numbing 3D graphics, precision control, and deep characters? Now that would be cool!

(I kid)

Oh yeh and don't forget rumble.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The whole Tower Defense concept originated from custom, fan-made maps for Starcraft, then became much more popular from Warcraft 3. Unfortunately, I doubt there will be a real market for this type of game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome