Hacking Any success with DVD+R with WiiKey?

Soybomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, verbatim dvd+r's work fine on mine.

Don't worry about what other people are using, find some quality media and make a couple burns at different speeds, run some of the dvd quality test apps, and see what gives you the highest quality dvd.

Robotochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use some cheap TuffDisc DVD+Rs with MCC dye and the work brilliantly
smile.gif

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I burned The Godfather on a TDK DVD+R and it works flawlessly.
Burned with a random Panasonic burner only included in my notebook, at 8x speed.

Louse76

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup, verbatim dvd+r's work fine on mine.Â

Don't worry about what other people are using, find some quality media and make a couple burns at different speeds, run some of the dvd quality test apps, and see what gives you the highest quality dvd.

I'm glad to hear that!

My other 20 Lightscribe disks are Verbatim, so that's good news for me.

I am using Excel and keeping a spreadsheet of what media, speed, burner, etc for every burn that I do and inputting success or failures. I am even considering putting it into my SPSS statistical software, ha!

I have lots of different types of media at my disposal and at least four different DVD burners to choose from (plus at work), so it complicates things!

altec20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Verbatim DVD+R 16x full printable (25 DVD+R pack) MCC004 mediacode made in taiwan by mitsubishi chemical company (there's a mitsubishi kageku company version and a made in india version).
Works flawlessly, finished several games without DRE's.
Burned with LG GSA-H42N (score 95 in NeroTest with PIF max at 8, PIE max at 200)
Burned with Nec ND-3540 (score 97 in NeroTest with PIF max 6, PIE max at 25)
so i prefer the Nec (don't buy the Nec AD-7173A version ! it's crappy ! with PIF at 40 at least with the same batch of Verbatim !)

Louse76

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of those NEC drives. I don't remember if they're 3550's or 40's ATM. They're in my HTPCs. I may try them. I also have a Lite-On that I need to test. I'm testing everything to find the best match at the moment.

My crappy cheapo Playo media seems to work on when burned at 2.4x, and only sometimes at 4x.

It has an MCC code but some say its faked. Maybe its the india crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?