Gaming Any solution to DSi shoulder buttons?

skystealer

Muah~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any permanent solution to fixing the DSi L and R buttons issue with them not working? Blew into them and they started working again, but then just after a day, they're dead again Don't wanna' send it to Nintendo, because...-

1. DSi is out of warrenty.
2. Ninty still doesn't understand it's a hardware issue, and they think it's still a physical damage, so they tell me "Cough up the $85 dollars"
3. They're most likely going to end up replacing the whole system, and possibly lose all my DSiWare. (They do suck. .-.)

Anyone got any ideas? By the way, I used rubbing alcohol, and they began working for about 6 days, closest to I got to them working... and now they barely respond.​

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there is. I've seen one person post this ever, and it worked for me.

My right trigger started to not work every once in a while and I would just do the trick where you blow on it. Eventually, that had no effect on it, and the button had absolutely no function for a few months. One day I was really pissed about it, and decided to open my DSi to see if I could fix it. I took apart the trigger completely, and put it back together and nothing happened. I then read like a week later that someone did the same thing as me and randomly put the two pieces of the the trigger in water for a few hours. I did the same, and then let them dry out. I put the trigger back together, and it finally started to work again.

I honestly have no idea how that makes any sense, but it worked for me and someone else. I don't really have any experience opening electronics, so it should be easy.

Also, the left and right triggers are internally different, so I'm not sure if it would work with the left trigger.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Yes, there is. I've seen one person post this ever, and it worked for me.

My right trigger started to not work every once in a while and I would just do the trick where you blow on it. Eventually, that had no effect on it, and the button had absolutely no function for a few months. One day I was really pissed about it, and decided to open my DSi to see if I could fix it. I took apart the trigger completely, and put it back together and nothing happened. I then read like a week later that someone did the same thing as me and randomly put the two pieces of the the trigger in water for a few hours. I did the same, and then let them dry out. I put the trigger back together, and it finally started to work again.

I honestly have no idea how that makes any sense, but it worked for me and someone else. I don't really have any experience opening electronics, so it should be easy.

Also, the left and right triggers are internally different, so I'm not sure if it would work with the left trigger.

It cleaned out all the dust that prevented it from making proper contact.

MST3KPIMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVtXT5WxTQo[/youtube]

Heres what I did.. my buttons did'nt work at all and blowing was temporary at best. You have to dissasemble but it's not that hard. Just dip the buttons in alcohol and blow em out a few times. I got 100% function now!

Furiizaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
johncenafan427 said:
i've had 2 dsi's.
1 used and 1 new.
both of their shoulder buttons broke.

just get rid of it and get a ds lite!

Yea right. My NDSl shoulder buttons doesn't work too.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two times today, and about the tenth time I've provided the correct answer to this question on gbatemp. THe right tool for the job (assuming you are okay with opening your handheld's case to get to the shoulder button microswitches) is contact cleaner. Get it at Radio Shack.

Contact-Cleaner3-01.jpg

poop9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
randomly put the two pieces of the the trigger in water for a few hours. I did the same, and then let them dry out. I put the trigger back together, and it finally started to work again.

Holy shit, I just tried this with a Nintendo DSi's left trigger. Just having it three minutes in water and blowing it made it work again!

Now off to the right trigger...

EDIT:
...and it is back to not working. Meh.

Last edited by Veho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.